CEDAR CITY — A Cedar City man died Friday from traumatic injuries he sustained two days earlier when police say he was “repeatedly kicked and stomped.”
Bryan Mahue Mellor, 59, sustained severe injuries in an assault Wednesday morning, according to Cedar City police. Officers were dispatched Wednesday to the area of 470 South and 75 West, where they located Mellor on the sidewalk.
Police say Mellor was hospitalized in critical condition and on life support at University Medical Center in Las Vegas before he passed away Friday afternoon.
Before Mellor died, police arrested Brandon Thomas Sappington, 30, of Cedar City, for investigation of attempted murder, assault on a police officer, interfering with an arrest and a misdemeanor traffic warrant. It appears the two men knew each other, police said.
— Madeleine Brown
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19