CEDAR CITY — A Cedar City man died Friday from traumatic injuries he sustained two days earlier when police say he was “repeatedly kicked and stomped.”
Bryan Mahue Mellor, 59, sustained severe injuries in an assault Wednesday morning, according to Cedar City police. Officers were dispatched Wednesday to the area of 470 South and 75 West, where they located Mellor on the sidewalk.
Police say Mellor was hospitalized in critical condition and on life support at University Medical Center in Las Vegas before he passed away Friday afternoon.
Before Mellor died, police arrested Brandon Thomas Sappington, 30, of Cedar City, for investigation of attempted murder, assault on a police officer, interfering with an arrest and a misdemeanor traffic warrant. It appears the two men knew each other, police said.
— Madeleine Brown
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 78
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17