SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for two men involved in a possibly gang-related shooting early Sunday morning that hospitalized two people.
A 19-year-old man was in extremely critical condition and a 20-year-old man was in stable condition, according to Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Robin Heiden.
Police say two men were sitting in the front seat of a car at 405 N. Pamela Way, near Cottonwood Park, when two unidentified men drove up in a dark green, older-model SUV, possibly a Subaru, just before 12:30 a.m.
Words were exchanged between the men in their vehicles before the men in the SUV fired shots at the other vehicle, Heiden said. Police say it doesn't appear shots were returned from the other vehicle.
The shooting may be gang-related, police say, and both gang and homicide detectives responded to the scene.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
— Madeleine Brown
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14