SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for two men involved in a possibly gang-related shooting early Sunday morning that hospitalized two people.
A 19-year-old man was in extremely critical condition and a 20-year-old man was in stable condition, according to Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Robin Heiden.
Police say two men were sitting in the front seat of a car at 405 N. Pamela Way, near Cottonwood Park, when two unidentified men drove up in a dark green, older-model SUV, possibly a Subaru, just before 12:30 a.m.
Words were exchanged between the men in their vehicles before the men in the SUV fired shots at the other vehicle, Heiden said. Police say it doesn't appear shots were returned from the other vehicle.
The shooting may be gang-related, police say, and both gang and homicide detectives responded to the scene.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
— Madeleine Brown
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Mother, former LDS seminary teacher creates...
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- Police identify man killed in I-80 rollover
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Police working to identify boys who left...
- Report: Utah colleges producing degrees with...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 70
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 23
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 14
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13