SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for two men involved in a possibly gang-related shooting early Sunday morning that hospitalized two people.
A 19-year-old man was in extremely critical condition and a 20-year-old man was in stable condition, according to Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Robin Heiden.
Police say two men were sitting in the front seat of a car at 405 N. Pamela Way, near Cottonwood Park, when two unidentified men drove up in a dark green, older-model SUV, possibly a Subaru, just before 12:30 a.m.
Words were exchanged between the men in their vehicles before the men in the SUV fired shots at the other vehicle, Heiden said. Police say it doesn't appear shots were returned from the other vehicle.
The shooting may be gang-related, police say, and both gang and homicide detectives responded to the scene.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
— Madeleine Brown
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Audit reveals flawed projections on Utah's...
- Humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari hopeful for...
- Provo police offering reward for information...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Fire destroys Heber City home, kills animals
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 94
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 39
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 19
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Audit reveals flawed projections on... 12
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10