SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for two men involved in a possibly gang-related shooting early Sunday morning that hospitalized two people.
A 19-year-old man was in extremely critical condition and a 20-year-old man was in stable condition, according to Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Robin Heiden.
Police say two men were sitting in the front seat of a car at 405 N. Pamela Way, near Cottonwood Park, when two unidentified men drove up in a dark green, older-model SUV, possibly a Subaru, just before 12:30 a.m.
Words were exchanged between the men in their vehicles before the men in the SUV fired shots at the other vehicle, Heiden said. Police say it doesn't appear shots were returned from the other vehicle.
The shooting may be gang-related, police say, and both gang and homicide detectives responded to the scene.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
— Madeleine Brown
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9