SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for two men involved in a possibly gang-related shooting early Sunday morning that hospitalized two people.
A 19-year-old man was in extremely critical condition and a 20-year-old man was in stable condition, according to Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Robin Heiden.
Police say two men were sitting in the front seat of a car at 405 N. Pamela Way, near Cottonwood Park, when two unidentified men drove up in a dark green, older-model SUV, possibly a Subaru, just before 12:30 a.m.
Words were exchanged between the men in their vehicles before the men in the SUV fired shots at the other vehicle, Heiden said. Police say it doesn't appear shots were returned from the other vehicle.
The shooting may be gang-related, police say, and both gang and homicide detectives responded to the scene.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
— Madeleine Brown
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11