In the Oct. 10 Deseret News, Dan Lilenquist reaffirmed that we made the correct choice in sending Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, to fight for us in Washington ("Sen. Lee may have permanently damaged himself,").
He gave the opinion that Sen. Mike Lee had made a mistake by taking a stand against Obamacare that might not endear him to the establishment. Liljenquist basically said that the old "go along to get along" in order to futher one's influence and position is what should be done.
I would ask, when did we start sending people to Washington to further their career instead of representing the people? When we voted for Sen. Orrin Hatch and Sen. Bob Bennett? Mr. Lilenquist, the only thing you did was sound like sour grapes and confirm the need for term limits for representatives at all levels of government. Keep up the fight Mike Lee.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 42
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 33
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15