In the Oct. 10 Deseret News, Dan Lilenquist reaffirmed that we made the correct choice in sending Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, to fight for us in Washington ("Sen. Lee may have permanently damaged himself,").
He gave the opinion that Sen. Mike Lee had made a mistake by taking a stand against Obamacare that might not endear him to the establishment. Liljenquist basically said that the old "go along to get along" in order to futher one's influence and position is what should be done.
I would ask, when did we start sending people to Washington to further their career instead of representing the people? When we voted for Sen. Orrin Hatch and Sen. Bob Bennett? Mr. Lilenquist, the only thing you did was sound like sour grapes and confirm the need for term limits for representatives at all levels of government. Keep up the fight Mike Lee.
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- Derek B. Miller: Utah's economic development...
- Letter: Nothing is 'free'
- Letter: Citizens have a duty
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 52
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 38
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22