In the Oct. 10 Deseret News, Dan Lilenquist reaffirmed that we made the correct choice in sending Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, to fight for us in Washington ("Sen. Lee may have permanently damaged himself,").
He gave the opinion that Sen. Mike Lee had made a mistake by taking a stand against Obamacare that might not endear him to the establishment. Liljenquist basically said that the old "go along to get along" in order to futher one's influence and position is what should be done.
I would ask, when did we start sending people to Washington to further their career instead of representing the people? When we voted for Sen. Orrin Hatch and Sen. Bob Bennett? Mr. Lilenquist, the only thing you did was sound like sour grapes and confirm the need for term limits for representatives at all levels of government. Keep up the fight Mike Lee.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 140
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25