In the Oct. 10 Deseret News, Dan Lilenquist reaffirmed that we made the correct choice in sending Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, to fight for us in Washington ("Sen. Lee may have permanently damaged himself,").
He gave the opinion that Sen. Mike Lee had made a mistake by taking a stand against Obamacare that might not endear him to the establishment. Liljenquist basically said that the old "go along to get along" in order to futher one's influence and position is what should be done.
I would ask, when did we start sending people to Washington to further their career instead of representing the people? When we voted for Sen. Orrin Hatch and Sen. Bob Bennett? Mr. Lilenquist, the only thing you did was sound like sour grapes and confirm the need for term limits for representatives at all levels of government. Keep up the fight Mike Lee.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13