In the Oct. 10 Deseret News, Dan Lilenquist reaffirmed that we made the correct choice in sending Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, to fight for us in Washington ("Sen. Lee may have permanently damaged himself,").
He gave the opinion that Sen. Mike Lee had made a mistake by taking a stand against Obamacare that might not endear him to the establishment. Liljenquist basically said that the old "go along to get along" in order to futher one's influence and position is what should be done.
I would ask, when did we start sending people to Washington to further their career instead of representing the people? When we voted for Sen. Orrin Hatch and Sen. Bob Bennett? Mr. Lilenquist, the only thing you did was sound like sour grapes and confirm the need for term limits for representatives at all levels of government. Keep up the fight Mike Lee.
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- Michael Gerson: The Iran deal: Obama is...
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 36
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 32
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27