With what is happening in Washington, D.C., right now and upon thinking about the whole mess in more depth, it's actually surprising this didn't happen sooner.
It's easy to blame the current members of Congress for what is happening, but the actual root of the problem stems from a man elected to lead this nation and the fact that he, nor his closest constituents, have no actual experience in handling money. They spent more time and money on shoving a flawed health care plan down our throats thinking it's chocolate syrup, that they didn't see the label is castor oil. No amount of figurative sweetener can make that medicine go down.
Maybe, it's time that this nation pays more attention on how much it spends. It may be the only thing that causes our leaders on both sides of the aisle to actually talk to each other.
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 30
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 28
- Letter: Sharing culpability 21
- Letter: Distance from religion 19
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 12