With what is happening in Washington, D.C., right now and upon thinking about the whole mess in more depth, it's actually surprising this didn't happen sooner.
It's easy to blame the current members of Congress for what is happening, but the actual root of the problem stems from a man elected to lead this nation and the fact that he, nor his closest constituents, have no actual experience in handling money. They spent more time and money on shoving a flawed health care plan down our throats thinking it's chocolate syrup, that they didn't see the label is castor oil. No amount of figurative sweetener can make that medicine go down.
Maybe, it's time that this nation pays more attention on how much it spends. It may be the only thing that causes our leaders on both sides of the aisle to actually talk to each other.
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- Letter: The Fourth
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Greg Bell: Smartphones, tablets, laptops are...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21