With what is happening in Washington, D.C., right now and upon thinking about the whole mess in more depth, it's actually surprising this didn't happen sooner.
It's easy to blame the current members of Congress for what is happening, but the actual root of the problem stems from a man elected to lead this nation and the fact that he, nor his closest constituents, have no actual experience in handling money. They spent more time and money on shoving a flawed health care plan down our throats thinking it's chocolate syrup, that they didn't see the label is castor oil. No amount of figurative sweetener can make that medicine go down.
Maybe, it's time that this nation pays more attention on how much it spends. It may be the only thing that causes our leaders on both sides of the aisle to actually talk to each other.
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20