With what is happening in Washington, D.C., right now and upon thinking about the whole mess in more depth, it's actually surprising this didn't happen sooner.
It's easy to blame the current members of Congress for what is happening, but the actual root of the problem stems from a man elected to lead this nation and the fact that he, nor his closest constituents, have no actual experience in handling money. They spent more time and money on shoving a flawed health care plan down our throats thinking it's chocolate syrup, that they didn't see the label is castor oil. No amount of figurative sweetener can make that medicine go down.
Maybe, it's time that this nation pays more attention on how much it spends. It may be the only thing that causes our leaders on both sides of the aisle to actually talk to each other.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Letter: No end in sight
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 34
- Letter: Not so lazy 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31