BYU swimming: Cougars sweep competition in Intermountain Shootout
McMullan brought home the win for the women in the 500 free in 5:14.53 and Bushnell for the men in 4:45.07.
Ampuero earned second place in the 200 IM, finishing in 2:10.27. For the men, Hayden Palmer earned the win with a time of 1:54.06.
The women’s team performed well in the 100 free earning four of the top five positions in the event. Grant led the team in second with a time of 52.81. Murray also recorded a second place finish for the men in 46.35.
In the 100 back, Campbell came in just a second too late to earn the second place finish in the 200 back. Ng was strong for the Cougars in the men’s event and earned a first-place finish in just 1:53:00.
In the 100 fly, the women’s team dominated all top-five positions again with Doroghian winning in 55.51. The men’s team took the top two finishes with Aquino touching the wall in just 49.09 and Fletcher close behind in 49.25.
Johanna Skaggs had a third-place finish for the women in the 200 breast with a time of 2:27.63. Sorensen had his solo individual win on day two in the 200 breast with a time of 2:07.34.
The meet concluded with the 400 free relay where again, the Cougars owned the event. For the women, the team of Doroghian, Sorensen, Grant and McMullan placed first with a time of 3:32.72. The men’s team of Murray, Rutherfurd, Bushnell and Taylor came in close at second place in 3:07.54.
The Cougars are back at it next Saturday, Oct. 26, where they will host a meet at the Richards Building pool. The men's team will face Colorado Mesa, and the women's team will face Boise State.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 102
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 68
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34