Utah State football: Will the Aggies' school-record conference winning streak end?
Matt Gade, Deseret News
What a difference a week makes.
On game day against BYU, Utah State was favored for the first time ever against the Cougars. Now, the Aggies are seven-point underdogs to Boise State after losing quarterback Chuckie Keeton, who is on the Heisman Trophy watch list, for the season.
If the Aggies indeed lose to the Broncos as expected, several prominent streaks will end as well. USU has won five straight conference games at home and has not lost back-to-back games in its last 25 outings.
The most impressive: The Aggies have won 13 straight conference games, a school record. That’s nearly twice the previous mark of seven in the Big West Conference during the 1979 and 1980 seasons.
Rhett Wilkinson is a project manager for UtahPolicy.com and hails the true-blooded Aggies from Utah. The co-founder of magazine Aggie BluePrint.com, he's been an intern for the Deseret News and other publications. email@example.com | @wilklogan
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 28
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 24
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22