Utah State football: Will the Aggies' school-record conference winning streak end?
Matt Gade, Deseret News
What a difference a week makes.
On game day against BYU, Utah State was favored for the first time ever against the Cougars. Now, the Aggies are seven-point underdogs to Boise State after losing quarterback Chuckie Keeton, who is on the Heisman Trophy watch list, for the season.
If the Aggies indeed lose to the Broncos as expected, several prominent streaks will end as well. USU has won five straight conference games at home and has not lost back-to-back games in its last 25 outings.
The most impressive: The Aggies have won 13 straight conference games, a school record. That’s nearly twice the previous mark of seven in the Big West Conference during the 1979 and 1980 seasons.
Rhett Wilkinson is a project manager for UtahPolicy.com and hails the true-blooded Aggies from Utah. The co-founder of magazine Aggie BluePrint.com, he's been an intern for the Deseret News and other publications. email@example.com | @wilklogan
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19