High school football: Millard defense key in win over Layton Christian
LAYTON — The Millard Eagles' defense recorded four interceptions and returned two for touchdowns in beating Layton Christian Academy, 34-19, in Class 2A North football action Friday night.
In all, Millard tallied five scores in the win.
After Layton Christian opened the scoring with a 50-yard touchdown pass from
Grayson Jackson to Leroy Sisnet, Millard countered with two touchdown runs by Auston Wardle to take the lead for good.
Wardle added an interception return for a touchdown in the second half.
Layton Christian added two second-half scores. Markiece Gibson tallied a 40-yard fumble return for a touchdown as well as a 10-yard run after LCA blocked a Millard punt.
Millard (5-3, 4-1) meets South Summit (7-1, 4-1)Thursday, while LCA (5-3, 3-2) takes on North Summit (6-2, 4-1) Wednesday.
Gary Czenkus is an Air Force veteran. EMAIL: email@example.com
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Players with local ties set to make big...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- American Fork girls and boys cross-country...
- High school football: Late 2-point...
- Salem Hills rolls past rival Payson 42-7
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham forces 4...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham... 21
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school... 9
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school... 4
- Postseason success will not impact... 4
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig... 3
- High school football: Provo off to a... 1
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs... 1
- Corner Canyon holds off pesky... 1