High school football: Millard defense key in win over Layton Christian
LAYTON — The Millard Eagles' defense recorded four interceptions and returned two for touchdowns in beating Layton Christian Academy, 34-19, in Class 2A North football action Friday night.
In all, Millard tallied five scores in the win.
After Layton Christian opened the scoring with a 50-yard touchdown pass from
Grayson Jackson to Leroy Sisnet, Millard countered with two touchdown runs by Auston Wardle to take the lead for good.
Wardle added an interception return for a touchdown in the second half.
Layton Christian added two second-half scores. Markiece Gibson tallied a 40-yard fumble return for a touchdown as well as a 10-yard run after LCA blocked a Millard punt.
Millard (5-3, 4-1) meets South Summit (7-1, 4-1)Thursday, while LCA (5-3, 3-2) takes on North Summit (6-2, 4-1) Wednesday.
Gary Czenkus is an Air Force veteran. EMAIL: email@example.com
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- High school football: North Sanpete, Granger...
- Timpview wins much-anticipated rematch at...
- High school sports: Friday's football roundup
- High school volleyball: San Juan owns top...
- Timpview girls soccer defeats Wasatch 2-0
- Woods Cross airs it out in Region 6 win over...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 43
- Woods Cross airs it out in Region 6 win... 4
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy... 3
- American Fork's solid defense gets it... 3
- High school sports: Friday's football... 1
- High school football: Herriman... 1
- High school football: Murray wins first... 1
- High school cross-country: East junior,... 1