High school football: Millard defense key in win over Layton Christian
LAYTON — The Millard Eagles' defense recorded four interceptions and returned two for touchdowns in beating Layton Christian Academy, 34-19, in Class 2A North football action Friday night.
In all, Millard tallied five scores in the win.
After Layton Christian opened the scoring with a 50-yard touchdown pass from
Grayson Jackson to Leroy Sisnet, Millard countered with two touchdown runs by Auston Wardle to take the lead for good.
Wardle added an interception return for a touchdown in the second half.
Layton Christian added two second-half scores. Markiece Gibson tallied a 40-yard fumble return for a touchdown as well as a 10-yard run after LCA blocked a Millard punt.
Millard (5-3, 4-1) meets South Summit (7-1, 4-1)Thursday, while LCA (5-3, 3-2) takes on North Summit (6-2, 4-1) Wednesday.
Gary Czenkus is an Air Force veteran. EMAIL: email@example.com
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Real Salt Lake: Coach Jason Kreis officially...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 64
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 46
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43