Utah Jazz suffer rough night in 'learning experience' loss to Blazers
“I love it that way. It’s going to make me better,” Burke said. “That was what I expected coming into this league night in and night out playing against some of the best guards in the world. It’s just my job to continue to lock in on personnel.”
Evans might’ve been the most dejected player in the Jazz locker room. The 6-9 forward, who started three games as a rookie, was upset about his showing in his rare appearance in the first five.
Evans won the tip and hit a long jumper, but he finished with just four points, two fouls and one steal in 16 minutes. His main defensive assignment, Blazers All-Star power forward LaMarcus Aldridge, had 20 points with eight rebounds.
“I just think I wasn’t prepared mentally,” Evans said three nights after notching a double-double against the Warriors. “Coming out, I think I brought the wrong energy.”
Evans was particularly upset about his zero in the rebounds column.
“I feel like I let them (my teammates) down tonight, just not running, no rebounds,” he said. “I feel like it’s tough.”
Kanter wasn’t frustrated about returning back to the bench, but he also felt out of sorts during his 23-minute outing. He hit half of his 10 shots and grabbed six rebounds.
“I just need to be more focused and try to help my teammates,” Kanter said. “Tonight when I was out here I was just confused.”
Kanter wasn’t the only one.
NOTES: Former Jazz point guard Mo Williams scored 11 points. He came off the bench to begin the game but was with Lillard and the starters to open the second half when Portland raced to a big lead. Former Jazz point guard Earl Watson did not play. Jazz starters Burks (1 for 5), Favors (2 for 8), Evans (2 for 3), Hayward (5 for 11) and Burke (3 for 10) shot just 35.1 percent.
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic...
- Federer out to turn around frustrating season...
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- National champion Sam Mikulak leads US men's...
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 168
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 82
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 52
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 50
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 24
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20