Utah Jazz suffer rough night in 'learning experience' loss to Blazers
“I love it that way. It’s going to make me better,” Burke said. “That was what I expected coming into this league night in and night out playing against some of the best guards in the world. It’s just my job to continue to lock in on personnel.”
Evans might’ve been the most dejected player in the Jazz locker room. The 6-9 forward, who started three games as a rookie, was upset about his showing in his rare appearance in the first five.
Evans won the tip and hit a long jumper, but he finished with just four points, two fouls and one steal in 16 minutes. His main defensive assignment, Blazers All-Star power forward LaMarcus Aldridge, had 20 points with eight rebounds.
“I just think I wasn’t prepared mentally,” Evans said three nights after notching a double-double against the Warriors. “Coming out, I think I brought the wrong energy.”
Evans was particularly upset about his zero in the rebounds column.
“I feel like I let them (my teammates) down tonight, just not running, no rebounds,” he said. “I feel like it’s tough.”
Kanter wasn’t frustrated about returning back to the bench, but he also felt out of sorts during his 23-minute outing. He hit half of his 10 shots and grabbed six rebounds.
“I just need to be more focused and try to help my teammates,” Kanter said. “Tonight when I was out here I was just confused.”
Kanter wasn’t the only one.
NOTES: Former Jazz point guard Mo Williams scored 11 points. He came off the bench to begin the game but was with Lillard and the starters to open the second half when Portland raced to a big lead. Former Jazz point guard Earl Watson did not play. Jazz starters Burks (1 for 5), Favors (2 for 8), Evans (2 for 3), Hayward (5 for 11) and Burke (3 for 10) shot just 35.1 percent.
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- Gary Crowton resigns as SUU offensive...
- What you may have missed: UConn fan's pleas...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU,...
- ESPN's Brett McMurphy: 'I actually should...
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local had the...
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders in...
- Utah Utes video: Players happy with new turf...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 56
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 43
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 33
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage... 22
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20