Utah Jazz suffer rough night in 'learning experience' loss to Blazers
“I love it that way. It’s going to make me better,” Burke said. “That was what I expected coming into this league night in and night out playing against some of the best guards in the world. It’s just my job to continue to lock in on personnel.”
Evans might’ve been the most dejected player in the Jazz locker room. The 6-9 forward, who started three games as a rookie, was upset about his showing in his rare appearance in the first five.
Evans won the tip and hit a long jumper, but he finished with just four points, two fouls and one steal in 16 minutes. His main defensive assignment, Blazers All-Star power forward LaMarcus Aldridge, had 20 points with eight rebounds.
“I just think I wasn’t prepared mentally,” Evans said three nights after notching a double-double against the Warriors. “Coming out, I think I brought the wrong energy.”
Evans was particularly upset about his zero in the rebounds column.
“I feel like I let them (my teammates) down tonight, just not running, no rebounds,” he said. “I feel like it’s tough.”
Kanter wasn’t frustrated about returning back to the bench, but he also felt out of sorts during his 23-minute outing. He hit half of his 10 shots and grabbed six rebounds.
“I just need to be more focused and try to help my teammates,” Kanter said. “Tonight when I was out here I was just confused.”
Kanter wasn’t the only one.
NOTES: Former Jazz point guard Mo Williams scored 11 points. He came off the bench to begin the game but was with Lillard and the starters to open the second half when Portland raced to a big lead. Former Jazz point guard Earl Watson did not play. Jazz starters Burks (1 for 5), Favors (2 for 8), Evans (2 for 3), Hayward (5 for 11) and Burke (3 for 10) shot just 35.1 percent.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 89
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 69
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29