Gigantic flag on Salt Lake Plaza hotel welcomes North American Vexillological Association
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A huge 30-by-60 foot U.S. flag is displayed on the west side of the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel to welcome members of the North American Vexillological Association to Salt Lake City for its 47th annual meeting.
The association is a scholarly, nonprofit organization dedicated to the pursuit of vexillology — the scientific study of flag history and symbolism.
This is the first time the association has held its annual meeting in Salt Lake City.
The event got underway Friday and runs through Sunday.
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- Looking for the perfect Pi Day pie? Here are...
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash shared...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 70
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 27
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 25