Gigantic flag on Salt Lake Plaza hotel welcomes North American Vexillological Association
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A huge 30-by-60 foot U.S. flag is displayed on the west side of the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel to welcome members of the North American Vexillological Association to Salt Lake City for its 47th annual meeting.
The association is a scholarly, nonprofit organization dedicated to the pursuit of vexillology — the scientific study of flag history and symbolism.
This is the first time the association has held its annual meeting in Salt Lake City.
The event got underway Friday and runs through Sunday.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18