Gigantic flag on Salt Lake Plaza hotel welcomes North American Vexillological Association
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A huge 30-by-60 foot U.S. flag is displayed on the west side of the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel to welcome members of the North American Vexillological Association to Salt Lake City for its 47th annual meeting.
The association is a scholarly, nonprofit organization dedicated to the pursuit of vexillology — the scientific study of flag history and symbolism.
This is the first time the association has held its annual meeting in Salt Lake City.
The event got underway Friday and runs through Sunday.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14