Gigantic flag on Salt Lake Plaza hotel welcomes North American Vexillological Association
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A huge 30-by-60 foot U.S. flag is displayed on the west side of the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel to welcome members of the North American Vexillological Association to Salt Lake City for its 47th annual meeting.
The association is a scholarly, nonprofit organization dedicated to the pursuit of vexillology — the scientific study of flag history and symbolism.
This is the first time the association has held its annual meeting in Salt Lake City.
The event got underway Friday and runs through Sunday.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10