In the Oct. 9 Readers' Forum of the Deseret News, Lynn Price wrote “Stop blaming the Republicans for the government shutdown,” and proceeded to list the Democrats responsible for this mess ("Blaming Republicans").
I don’t think she quite understands what has happened. The Republicans are the only ones responsible for the government shutdown. I’m not a Democrat, but trying to shift the blame around won’t help anyone. The Affordable Care Act may well need revision, but the Republicans failing to pass a budget to try and stop it is the equivalent of a whining 5 year old who refuses to get in the car to go to school until he gets his favorite toy. This partisan mess created by our representatives represents us all too well.
Salt Lake City
- My view: Common Core tests erode parental rights
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- Letter: Same stale air
- Richard Davis: Let the voters decide the...
- In our opinion: Revisiting Abraham Lincoln's...
- Letter: Conflict of interest
- Jay Evensen: Though complicated, Corradini...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question should...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 95
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get... 92
- Letter: Same stale air 43
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 38
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 27
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the... 25