In the Oct. 9 Readers' Forum of the Deseret News, Lynn Price wrote “Stop blaming the Republicans for the government shutdown,” and proceeded to list the Democrats responsible for this mess ("Blaming Republicans").
I don’t think she quite understands what has happened. The Republicans are the only ones responsible for the government shutdown. I’m not a Democrat, but trying to shift the blame around won’t help anyone. The Affordable Care Act may well need revision, but the Republicans failing to pass a budget to try and stop it is the equivalent of a whining 5 year old who refuses to get in the car to go to school until he gets his favorite toy. This partisan mess created by our representatives represents us all too well.
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 29
- President should not act without... 26
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 25