In the Oct. 9 Readers' Forum of the Deseret News, Lynn Price wrote “Stop blaming the Republicans for the government shutdown,” and proceeded to list the Democrats responsible for this mess ("Blaming Republicans").
I don’t think she quite understands what has happened. The Republicans are the only ones responsible for the government shutdown. I’m not a Democrat, but trying to shift the blame around won’t help anyone. The Affordable Care Act may well need revision, but the Republicans failing to pass a budget to try and stop it is the equivalent of a whining 5 year old who refuses to get in the car to go to school until he gets his favorite toy. This partisan mess created by our representatives represents us all too well.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- Drew Clark: Meaning of 'thou shalt not kill'...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- About Utah: Biggest weekend of the year at...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 56
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 52
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 44
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 32
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 25