In the Oct. 9 Readers' Forum of the Deseret News, Lynn Price wrote “Stop blaming the Republicans for the government shutdown,” and proceeded to list the Democrats responsible for this mess ("Blaming Republicans").
I don’t think she quite understands what has happened. The Republicans are the only ones responsible for the government shutdown. I’m not a Democrat, but trying to shift the blame around won’t help anyone. The Affordable Care Act may well need revision, but the Republicans failing to pass a budget to try and stop it is the equivalent of a whining 5 year old who refuses to get in the car to go to school until he gets his favorite toy. This partisan mess created by our representatives represents us all too well.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Letter: Vote for cleaner air
- Center that specializes in stories about...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25