In the Oct. 9 Readers' Forum of the Deseret News, Lynn Price wrote “Stop blaming the Republicans for the government shutdown,” and proceeded to list the Democrats responsible for this mess ("Blaming Republicans").
I don’t think she quite understands what has happened. The Republicans are the only ones responsible for the government shutdown. I’m not a Democrat, but trying to shift the blame around won’t help anyone. The Affordable Care Act may well need revision, but the Republicans failing to pass a budget to try and stop it is the equivalent of a whining 5 year old who refuses to get in the car to go to school until he gets his favorite toy. This partisan mess created by our representatives represents us all too well.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 65
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 39
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26