OGDEN — An Ogden man was arrested Thursday after police say he stabbed a houseguest with a kitchen knife during a drunken brawl.
Matthew Baliel, 37, was booked into Weber County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault following the fight Thursday.
Baliel was at his home, 137 Patterson St., drinking with friends when an argument erupted about 4:30 p.m., Ogden Police Lt. Tim Scott said. Baliel grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed a man in his upper torso, Scott said.
The stabbing victim was taken to area hospital and is expected to recover from the wound, which was not life-threatening, Scott said. The man was able to walk out of the home on his own.
Another man at the house called 911, and witnesses are cooperating with police, Scott said.
— McKenzie Romero
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13