OGDEN — An Ogden man was arrested Thursday after police say he stabbed a houseguest with a kitchen knife during a drunken brawl.
Matthew Baliel, 37, was booked into Weber County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault following the fight Thursday.
Baliel was at his home, 137 Patterson St., drinking with friends when an argument erupted about 4:30 p.m., Ogden Police Lt. Tim Scott said. Baliel grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed a man in his upper torso, Scott said.
The stabbing victim was taken to area hospital and is expected to recover from the wound, which was not life-threatening, Scott said. The man was able to walk out of the home on his own.
Another man at the house called 911, and witnesses are cooperating with police, Scott said.
— McKenzie Romero
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8