OGDEN — An Ogden man was arrested Thursday after police say he stabbed a houseguest with a kitchen knife during a drunken brawl.
Matthew Baliel, 37, was booked into Weber County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault following the fight Thursday.
Baliel was at his home, 137 Patterson St., drinking with friends when an argument erupted about 4:30 p.m., Ogden Police Lt. Tim Scott said. Baliel grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed a man in his upper torso, Scott said.
The stabbing victim was taken to area hospital and is expected to recover from the wound, which was not life-threatening, Scott said. The man was able to walk out of the home on his own.
Another man at the house called 911, and witnesses are cooperating with police, Scott said.
— McKenzie Romero
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 78
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17