OGDEN — An Ogden man was arrested Thursday after police say he stabbed a houseguest with a kitchen knife during a drunken brawl.
Matthew Baliel, 37, was booked into Weber County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault following the fight Thursday.
Baliel was at his home, 137 Patterson St., drinking with friends when an argument erupted about 4:30 p.m., Ogden Police Lt. Tim Scott said. Baliel grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed a man in his upper torso, Scott said.
The stabbing victim was taken to area hospital and is expected to recover from the wound, which was not life-threatening, Scott said. The man was able to walk out of the home on his own.
Another man at the house called 911, and witnesses are cooperating with police, Scott said.
— McKenzie Romero
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22