OGDEN — An Ogden man was arrested Thursday after police say he stabbed a houseguest with a kitchen knife during a drunken brawl.
Matthew Baliel, 37, was booked into Weber County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault following the fight Thursday.
Baliel was at his home, 137 Patterson St., drinking with friends when an argument erupted about 4:30 p.m., Ogden Police Lt. Tim Scott said. Baliel grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed a man in his upper torso, Scott said.
The stabbing victim was taken to area hospital and is expected to recover from the wound, which was not life-threatening, Scott said. The man was able to walk out of the home on his own.
Another man at the house called 911, and witnesses are cooperating with police, Scott said.
— McKenzie Romero
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13