Utahn helps tribe win in 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' despite injury
At the Redemption Island duel on Day 9, the recently voted out John Cody, 30, competed against his wife, Candice, and 21-year-old Marissa Peterson, Gervase Peterson’s niece. John Cody won the challenge, which included threading a key through a ladder bridge, unlocking a bag of puzzle pieces and putting together a complicated puzzle.
Candice Cody, 30, who competed on “Survivor: Cook Islands” and “Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians,” beat Peterson, who was eliminated from the game. John Cody received a clue to the hidden Immunity Idol and, at Candice’s recommendation, gave it to Monica Culpepper, who decided to burn it on the advice of her husband, Brad, who said it would put a target on her back.
“That is the first time that had ever happened,” host Jeff Probst said of rejecting and burning a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol.
Now the Codys will compete against Brad Culpepper, who has been the target of ire at the Redemption Island duels from the voted-out castaways.
In “Survivor,” there are physical and puzzle challenges that determine tribal immunity and, at times, reward, and the losing team heads to Tribal Council, where they vote someone out. The tribes merge, generally about halfway through the 39-day contest, and then the challenges determine individual immunity. Usually after the tribes merge, the voted-out players comprise a jury that will determine which of the final three will be named “sole survivor” and win the $1 million.
“Survivor: Blood vs. Water” airs Wednesday evenings on CBS.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your shy...
- 21 things to look forward to at Disneyland's...
- It's 'trauma season' in Utah for children
- Why my husband never sleeps on the... 22
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12
- Why exposing your children to another... 7
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- How different types of mothers have... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions... 4