Utahn helps tribe win in 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' despite injury
At the Redemption Island duel on Day 9, the recently voted out John Cody, 30, competed against his wife, Candice, and 21-year-old Marissa Peterson, Gervase Peterson’s niece. John Cody won the challenge, which included threading a key through a ladder bridge, unlocking a bag of puzzle pieces and putting together a complicated puzzle.
Candice Cody, 30, who competed on “Survivor: Cook Islands” and “Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians,” beat Peterson, who was eliminated from the game. John Cody received a clue to the hidden Immunity Idol and, at Candice’s recommendation, gave it to Monica Culpepper, who decided to burn it on the advice of her husband, Brad, who said it would put a target on her back.
“That is the first time that had ever happened,” host Jeff Probst said of rejecting and burning a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol.
Now the Codys will compete against Brad Culpepper, who has been the target of ire at the Redemption Island duels from the voted-out castaways.
In “Survivor,” there are physical and puzzle challenges that determine tribal immunity and, at times, reward, and the losing team heads to Tribal Council, where they vote someone out. The tribes merge, generally about halfway through the 39-day contest, and then the challenges determine individual immunity. Usually after the tribes merge, the voted-out players comprise a jury that will determine which of the final three will be named “sole survivor” and win the $1 million.
“Survivor: Blood vs. Water” airs Wednesday evenings on CBS.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 11
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 11
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3