A political cartoon a few days ago was right on. It had the line, “I’m in favor of the Affordable Care Act but I don’t like Obama Care.” Do you really know what that act is all about or do you oppose it just because of the name opponents have tacked on?
Why am I in favor of the Affordable Care Act? I favor protecting those who are unable to protect themselves.
I am bothered by the fact that many people are hired by corporations at the minimum wage and not allowed to work enough hours per week to qualify for company benefits. It is bad enough to work at a starvation wage. If the businesses in our country won’t care about citizens of our country, who but the government is left?
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- From 'Con Air' to the classroom and sideline
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14