A political cartoon a few days ago was right on. It had the line, “I’m in favor of the Affordable Care Act but I don’t like Obama Care.” Do you really know what that act is all about or do you oppose it just because of the name opponents have tacked on?
Why am I in favor of the Affordable Care Act? I favor protecting those who are unable to protect themselves.
I am bothered by the fact that many people are hired by corporations at the minimum wage and not allowed to work enough hours per week to qualify for company benefits. It is bad enough to work at a starvation wage. If the businesses in our country won’t care about citizens of our country, who but the government is left?
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 65
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 48
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 25
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 24