A political cartoon a few days ago was right on. It had the line, “I’m in favor of the Affordable Care Act but I don’t like Obama Care.” Do you really know what that act is all about or do you oppose it just because of the name opponents have tacked on?
Why am I in favor of the Affordable Care Act? I favor protecting those who are unable to protect themselves.
I am bothered by the fact that many people are hired by corporations at the minimum wage and not allowed to work enough hours per week to qualify for company benefits. It is bad enough to work at a starvation wage. If the businesses in our country won’t care about citizens of our country, who but the government is left?
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- My view: Online purchases are not tax-free
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- In our opinion: National security and... 53
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 30
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 13