A political cartoon a few days ago was right on. It had the line, “I’m in favor of the Affordable Care Act but I don’t like Obama Care.” Do you really know what that act is all about or do you oppose it just because of the name opponents have tacked on?
Why am I in favor of the Affordable Care Act? I favor protecting those who are unable to protect themselves.
I am bothered by the fact that many people are hired by corporations at the minimum wage and not allowed to work enough hours per week to qualify for company benefits. It is bad enough to work at a starvation wage. If the businesses in our country won’t care about citizens of our country, who but the government is left?
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19