A political cartoon a few days ago was right on. It had the line, “I’m in favor of the Affordable Care Act but I don’t like Obama Care.” Do you really know what that act is all about or do you oppose it just because of the name opponents have tacked on?
Why am I in favor of the Affordable Care Act? I favor protecting those who are unable to protect themselves.
I am bothered by the fact that many people are hired by corporations at the minimum wage and not allowed to work enough hours per week to qualify for company benefits. It is bad enough to work at a starvation wage. If the businesses in our country won’t care about citizens of our country, who but the government is left?
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- Charles Krauthammer: The world according to...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Convention...
- Letter: Medical marijuana
- Letter: Wolves in Yellowstone
- Ralph Becker: Why 'process' matters in...
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 19