SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz don't have a lot of elbow room at practice, but coach Tyrone Corbin isn’t ready to trim the 20-man roster just yet.
Asked if initial cuts were coming soon, Corbin quickly pointed out that only 18 players are available. Marvin Williams (Achilles' heel) and Brandon Rush (knee) are recovering from surgeries.
The Jazz must whittle down the camp roster to a maximum of 15 players before the 2013-14 regular season begins at home against Oklahoma City on Oct. 30. Currently, Utah has 13 players with guaranteed contracts.
"We’ll look at it and see, don’t know when right now. We still have some guys banged up," Corbin said. "We still need to get a good look at the guys, give guys a chance to show what they can do in games. The guys are working hard."
Three players didn't see time Tuesday: veteran Brian Cook, late camp addition Lester Hudson and Dwayne Jones.
POINT MADE: Scott Machado played 3 1/2 minutes Tuesday, but that doesn’t mean the former Iona star has secured the third point guard position over Hudson.
“We just went with Scott first,” Corbin said. “Lester’s been working extremely hard for us. He’ll get an opportunity to play.”
POWER PLAY: Power forward Dominic McGuire, an NBA journeyman who's played for seven teams in six years, saw more action than any of the guys in camp with nonguaranteed contracts. He had four points and four rebounds in 17 minutes.
“He’s a great communicator on the defensive end. He’s a physical presence out there. He tries to play right,” Corbin said. “Offensively, he runs the floor hard. He’s done a great job.”
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 83
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 38
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8