Tips for Living: 'Precious in His Sight' is an inspiring book
“Precious in His Sight: Seeing Yourself as God Sees You” (Covenant Communications, $7.99) by Jodi Marie Robinson is an inspiring book that says that everyone has divine worth and is a child of God. While it's especially meaningful to young women, any teenager could benefit from it.
Robinson begins by comparing the value of a woman to a precious ruby. She explains that Heavenly Father considers us to be so much more valuable than a jewel.
The remainder of the book gives pointers and tips to how each can remember their infinite worth. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Robinson encourages women to ask Heavenly Father personally if they mean something to him.
Always remember that each woman is destined to be a queen.
Seek to have a crown of righteousness. Keep covenants and always strive to be better.
Believe that you are created for greater things.
Never surrender to the adversary. Be true to God and remember you are created in his image.
God loves you just the way you are. Remember that God has numbered the hairs on your head. That is how important you are to him.
Don’t be deceived by false role models. The media portray women in an unkindly and unrealistic light. Remember who you are.
Only listen to voices you can trust.
Do not question your worth.
Forgive and repent.
Turn to the Lord in all things.
Constantly search the scriptures.
Stay faithful to the gospel. She says that “Jesus Christ is the rock on which you can rely to restore your wholeness and to give you peace. Make Christ the cornerstone of your self-worth.”
“Precious in His Sight” is full of personal stories and insightful tips. It is a family-friendly book that would benefit church leaders and teachers.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's degree in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Lindsey Stirling responds to modesty...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: A Mormon, a Muslim and a...
- Nothing else they would rather do: Couple has...
- LDS Church leaders, missionary couple offer...
- 6 lies early returned missionaries tell...
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Defending the Faith: Much left to... 178
- 6 lies early returned missionaries tell... 110
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 69
- Utah Utes coaches tailor weekly... 54
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 49
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 34
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: A Mormon, a Muslim... 31
- Is it heresy for Baptists to baptize a... 24