Westminster volleyball: Griffins welcome Rocky and LCSC to Behnken Field House
SALT LAKE CITY – The Westminster College women’s volleyball team concludes a three-game home stand with a pair of contests in the Behnken Field House this weekend. Rocky Mountain (Mont.) comes to town on Friday at 7 p.m., before Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) makes the trip on Saturday at 2 p.m.
Both matches will be carried live on Griffins TV and on Comcast 6 in northern Utah.
Westminster enters the weekend at 9-10 on the season and 3-3 in Frontier Conference play and is coming off a 3-0 sweep of Montana Western last Saturday at home. The Griffins are now 4-2 at home on the season and 9-5 against unranked opponents.
The Griffins are recording 11.9 kills per set while hitting .179 for the season. They have notched more kills than the opposition in 11 matches this season and have gone 8-3 in those matches. Westminster also claims 1.2 service aces per set while also distributing 11 assists per set.
Westminster is allowing 11.7 kills per set and holding the opposition to .171 hitting efficiency. As a team, the Griffins are getting 15.4 digs per set while also posting 2.0 blocks per frame. Westminster has held 11 opponents below .200 hitting in the match, including five of the last six.
Rocky Mountain leads the Griffins, 13-8, in all-time meetings. Westminster is just 4-6 in matches played in Salt Lake City, but it snapped a 10-match losing streak to Rocky with a five-set win at home last October.
Lewis-Clark State leads the all-time series, 20-7, and has won the last 15 meetings. The Warriors are 7-3 in Salt Lake City with six straight road wins against the Griffins. Westminster hasn’t beaten LCSC since a 3-0 sweep in the Behnken Field House in 2006.
Volleyball welcomes Rocky and LCSC to Behnken
The Griffin volleyball team faces Rocky Mountain and Lewis-Clark State this Friday and Saturday in the Behnken Field House.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 102
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 16