Westminster volleyball: Griffins welcome Rocky and LCSC to Behnken Field House
SALT LAKE CITY – The Westminster College women’s volleyball team concludes a three-game home stand with a pair of contests in the Behnken Field House this weekend. Rocky Mountain (Mont.) comes to town on Friday at 7 p.m., before Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) makes the trip on Saturday at 2 p.m.
Both matches will be carried live on Griffins TV and on Comcast 6 in northern Utah.
Westminster enters the weekend at 9-10 on the season and 3-3 in Frontier Conference play and is coming off a 3-0 sweep of Montana Western last Saturday at home. The Griffins are now 4-2 at home on the season and 9-5 against unranked opponents.
The Griffins are recording 11.9 kills per set while hitting .179 for the season. They have notched more kills than the opposition in 11 matches this season and have gone 8-3 in those matches. Westminster also claims 1.2 service aces per set while also distributing 11 assists per set.
Westminster is allowing 11.7 kills per set and holding the opposition to .171 hitting efficiency. As a team, the Griffins are getting 15.4 digs per set while also posting 2.0 blocks per frame. Westminster has held 11 opponents below .200 hitting in the match, including five of the last six.
Rocky Mountain leads the Griffins, 13-8, in all-time meetings. Westminster is just 4-6 in matches played in Salt Lake City, but it snapped a 10-match losing streak to Rocky with a five-set win at home last October.
Lewis-Clark State leads the all-time series, 20-7, and has won the last 15 meetings. The Warriors are 7-3 in Salt Lake City with six straight road wins against the Griffins. Westminster hasn’t beaten LCSC since a 3-0 sweep in the Behnken Field House in 2006.
Volleyball welcomes Rocky and LCSC to Behnken
The Griffin volleyball team faces Rocky Mountain and Lewis-Clark State this Friday and Saturday in the Behnken Field House.
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26