LDS Church publishes text of 183rd Semiannual General Conference talks
Connor Boyack, connorboyack.com
Three days after the conclusion of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' 183rd Semiannual General Conference, the hashtag used in conjunction with the event, #ldsconf, lit up with an announcement:
With the full text of the talks available on LDS.org, along with audio and video recordings, LDS Church members can follow counsel given by Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve during his address Sunday morning:
"In addition to inviting us to hold personal and family scripture study, Heavenly Father wants us to regularly study and apply what we have learned in conference," Elder Hales said. "I testify that those who put their trust in the Lord and heed this counsel in faith will gain great strength to bless themselves and their families for generations to come."
Through the resources available on LDS.org, Elder Hales noted that "anytime, anywhere, we can enlarge our knowledge, strengthen our faith and testimony, protect our families, and lead them safely home."
With the help of the newly available text, bloggers have begun creating "wordles," word clouds showing the frequency of a word's usage during the conference, as indicated by the size of the word in the graphic.
Emily Eyring is an editor and product manager for DeseretNews.com.
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Rare LDS Church document discovered that...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the...
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences...
- 16-year-old LDS ballerina shares her talents,...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 62
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- Are church youth dances outdated? 50
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 37
- Jerry Earl Johnston: The Founding... 25
- 5 faith facts about Marco Rubio:... 14
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 13