U of U Vimeo video: Watch all 18 sacks this season for Utah, tied for third nationally with 3.6 sacks per game
University of Utah defenders are getting to the opposing quarterback at a consistent pace this season, totaling 18 sacks through the first five games in 2013.
The Utes' highest sack game came in the second week against Weber State, when Utah tallied seven for a loss of 38 yards.
In the Utes' past two games, the defense has been particularly impressive against a pair of high-profile opponents. On Sept. 21 against rival BYU, Utah had its second-highest sack total of the year, with five for a total of 28 yards.
Against No. 12 UCLA last week, the Utes averaged nine yards lost on three sacks.
All totaled, the 18 sacks have netted a loss of 113 yards for the opposition.
It's not just one player that is getting to the quarterback for Utah, either. Fourteen different Utah defenders have been credited with at least half a sack this season; leading the way is junior linebacker Jacoby Hale, who has three sacks.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7