Sometimes the best way to force the change of an obnoxious law is to rigidly enforce the same just as written until it becomes so unbearable that the authors beg to change or remove it. Is that not what the administration is doing with the present shutdown?
Why not change tactics? Instead of opposing Obamacare or trying to defund it, make the president enforce it as written, with ALL of the timetables intact. If the law is as poorly conceived as believed, let it collapse of its own weight and lay exposed for what it really is.
The misery index won’t be any worse than at present and the onus will be where it belongs.
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 55
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 54
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 44
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 26