Sometimes the best way to force the change of an obnoxious law is to rigidly enforce the same just as written until it becomes so unbearable that the authors beg to change or remove it. Is that not what the administration is doing with the present shutdown?
Why not change tactics? Instead of opposing Obamacare or trying to defund it, make the president enforce it as written, with ALL of the timetables intact. If the law is as poorly conceived as believed, let it collapse of its own weight and lay exposed for what it really is.
The misery index won’t be any worse than at present and the onus will be where it belongs.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Letter: Degrading literature
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 48
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and... 28