Husband shares story of wife's personality change after brain surgery
For Jim and his wife, they have found that traveling is something they both enjoy and so they do it often. Jim said when they were first married, they loved to explore new things and take weekend trips, and now, 40 years later, they have been able to bring back that same excitement.
"She's made me more patient," Jim said. "She has dreams about what she'd like to do around the house, in terms of remodeling and redecorating, and so we're trying to do that. It makes me happy when she's happy."
More of Jim's story can be found on the Loveumentary website where Bagley has shared many other stories of what he deems true love. Through his efforts to document love, Bagley has "enjoyed coming to know what real, loving, lasting relationships really look like from the inside."
The goal of his documentaries is to capture the most compelling love stories in America and compile them into a book and audio format. Bagley and his partner, Melissa, have also started a Kickstarter fundraiser to raise the money necessary for the project.
Although the project is not yet complete, Bagley said he has already learned much.
"True love requires selfless sacrifice from everyone who has the privilege of enjoying it," Bagley said. "The most difficult, and probably the most meaningful sacrifices, are the small ones we make every day to put the person we love before ourselves. This is the side of love that is not always glamorous. It is work, and effort, and consistency. But from what I've gathered, no work is as rewarding or fulfilling as the work that comes from the heart."
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- The problems grandparents face when...
- How to prevent cognitive decline related to...
- Maryland couple investigated again... 18
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 3
- Ask Mr. Dad: How to handle stress of... 2
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in... 2
- What causes do men care about? Kids and... 1
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof... 1