Husband shares story of wife's personality change after brain surgery
For Jim and his wife, they have found that traveling is something they both enjoy and so they do it often. Jim said when they were first married, they loved to explore new things and take weekend trips, and now, 40 years later, they have been able to bring back that same excitement.
"She's made me more patient," Jim said. "She has dreams about what she'd like to do around the house, in terms of remodeling and redecorating, and so we're trying to do that. It makes me happy when she's happy."
More of Jim's story can be found on the Loveumentary website where Bagley has shared many other stories of what he deems true love. Through his efforts to document love, Bagley has "enjoyed coming to know what real, loving, lasting relationships really look like from the inside."
The goal of his documentaries is to capture the most compelling love stories in America and compile them into a book and audio format. Bagley and his partner, Melissa, have also started a Kickstarter fundraiser to raise the money necessary for the project.
Although the project is not yet complete, Bagley said he has already learned much.
"True love requires selfless sacrifice from everyone who has the privilege of enjoying it," Bagley said. "The most difficult, and probably the most meaningful sacrifices, are the small ones we make every day to put the person we love before ourselves. This is the side of love that is not always glamorous. It is work, and effort, and consistency. But from what I've gathered, no work is as rewarding or fulfilling as the work that comes from the heart."
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- This one thing can help predict the type and...
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney...
- Salt Lake Comic Con and Utah Symphony present...
- It's about time the government... 12
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy... 5
- Would you rather get married earlier,... 4
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Face time vs. screen time: The... 2