Westminster basketball: Men's team begins season in Canada on Thursday
SALT LAKE CITY – The Westminster College men’s basketball team opens the 2013-14 season with a trip to Canada for three games at the Calgary Cup. Westminster begins its season Thursday when it faces Mount Royal at 8 p.m. at Kenyon Court. The Griffins then play Alberta on Friday at 4 p.m., and Calgary on Saturday at 7 p.m. Both of those games will be held at Jack Simpson Court.
Westminster begins the season after posting a 22-8 record during the 2012-13 campaign and returns nine players from that team, including three starters. Last season the Griffins led the NAIA in turnover margin at 7.21, while placing eighth in steals per game (11.0) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.20).
Tallon Robertson returns for his senior season after averaging 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds per game last season. He is the leading returner in each of those categories. Colton Moon scored 8.9 points per game as a sophomore, while picking up 63 assists and 42 steals. Blake Skidmore will also be looked to as a scoring threat this season after averaging 9.3 points per game a season ago.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19