Westminster basketball: Men's team begins season in Canada on Thursday
SALT LAKE CITY – The Westminster College men’s basketball team opens the 2013-14 season with a trip to Canada for three games at the Calgary Cup. Westminster begins its season Thursday when it faces Mount Royal at 8 p.m. at Kenyon Court. The Griffins then play Alberta on Friday at 4 p.m., and Calgary on Saturday at 7 p.m. Both of those games will be held at Jack Simpson Court.
Westminster begins the season after posting a 22-8 record during the 2012-13 campaign and returns nine players from that team, including three starters. Last season the Griffins led the NAIA in turnover margin at 7.21, while placing eighth in steals per game (11.0) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.20).
Tallon Robertson returns for his senior season after averaging 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds per game last season. He is the leading returner in each of those categories. Colton Moon scored 8.9 points per game as a sophomore, while picking up 63 assists and 42 steals. Blake Skidmore will also be looked to as a scoring threat this season after averaging 9.3 points per game a season ago.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16