Westminster basketball: Men's team begins season in Canada on Thursday
SALT LAKE CITY – The Westminster College men’s basketball team opens the 2013-14 season with a trip to Canada for three games at the Calgary Cup. Westminster begins its season Thursday when it faces Mount Royal at 8 p.m. at Kenyon Court. The Griffins then play Alberta on Friday at 4 p.m., and Calgary on Saturday at 7 p.m. Both of those games will be held at Jack Simpson Court.
Westminster begins the season after posting a 22-8 record during the 2012-13 campaign and returns nine players from that team, including three starters. Last season the Griffins led the NAIA in turnover margin at 7.21, while placing eighth in steals per game (11.0) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.20).
Tallon Robertson returns for his senior season after averaging 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds per game last season. He is the leading returner in each of those categories. Colton Moon scored 8.9 points per game as a sophomore, while picking up 63 assists and 42 steals. Blake Skidmore will also be looked to as a scoring threat this season after averaging 9.3 points per game a season ago.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27