SOUTH SALT LAKE — Residents can meet and learn more about the candidates for South Salt Lake mayor and City Council on Thursday. The event will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the DF Dance Studio Ballroom, 2978 S. State.
Mayoral candidates are incumbent Cherie Wood and challenger Derek Pehrson. Candidates for City Council District 3 are Sharla Beverly and Bill Gene Hauser. City Council District 2 hopefuls are incumbent Boyd Marshall and challenger Kevin Rapp. Running for City Council at-large bids are Steve Norr and Debbie Snow.
Doors open at 6 p.m. Attendees can write questions on index cards, and the questions will be asked by a moderator during the forum. Each candidate will make a two-minute opening statement, will be given two minutes to respond to each question, and will make a two-minute closing statement.
Juli Miller, community relations director for the Granite Education Foundation, will moderate the event.
The candidate forum is sponsored by the South Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce’s Women in Business group. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-466-3377.
The general election will take place Nov. 5. For more information on polling locations, early voting, registering to vote and other election information, visit the county clerk's website, clerk.slco.org.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- American Fork appoints interim police chief
- Photos: Deaf, blind students experience...
- Photos: Students salute military personnel...
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme Court...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 16
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8