SOUTH SALT LAKE — Residents can meet and learn more about the candidates for South Salt Lake mayor and City Council on Thursday. The event will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the DF Dance Studio Ballroom, 2978 S. State.
Mayoral candidates are incumbent Cherie Wood and challenger Derek Pehrson. Candidates for City Council District 3 are Sharla Beverly and Bill Gene Hauser. City Council District 2 hopefuls are incumbent Boyd Marshall and challenger Kevin Rapp. Running for City Council at-large bids are Steve Norr and Debbie Snow.
Doors open at 6 p.m. Attendees can write questions on index cards, and the questions will be asked by a moderator during the forum. Each candidate will make a two-minute opening statement, will be given two minutes to respond to each question, and will make a two-minute closing statement.
Juli Miller, community relations director for the Granite Education Foundation, will moderate the event.
The candidate forum is sponsored by the South Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce’s Women in Business group. For more information, email email@example.com or call 801-466-3377.
The general election will take place Nov. 5. For more information on polling locations, early voting, registering to vote and other election information, visit the county clerk's website, clerk.slco.org.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 18