SOUTH SALT LAKE — Residents can meet and learn more about the candidates for South Salt Lake mayor and City Council on Thursday. The event will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the DF Dance Studio Ballroom, 2978 S. State.
Mayoral candidates are incumbent Cherie Wood and challenger Derek Pehrson. Candidates for City Council District 3 are Sharla Beverly and Bill Gene Hauser. City Council District 2 hopefuls are incumbent Boyd Marshall and challenger Kevin Rapp. Running for City Council at-large bids are Steve Norr and Debbie Snow.
Doors open at 6 p.m. Attendees can write questions on index cards, and the questions will be asked by a moderator during the forum. Each candidate will make a two-minute opening statement, will be given two minutes to respond to each question, and will make a two-minute closing statement.
Juli Miller, community relations director for the Granite Education Foundation, will moderate the event.
The candidate forum is sponsored by the South Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce’s Women in Business group. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-466-3377.
The general election will take place Nov. 5. For more information on polling locations, early voting, registering to vote and other election information, visit the county clerk's website, clerk.slco.org.
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- UTA offers late TRAX, S-Line service for Utah...
- Dam project forces closure of Tibble Fork area
- Two arrested for allegedly siccing pit bull...
- Changes to TRAX gates being made at 2 U....
- USU professors receive $5.8M in Nuclear...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Fire forces evacuation of 185 Pine Valley homes
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 19