SOUTH SALT LAKE — Residents can meet and learn more about the candidates for South Salt Lake mayor and City Council on Thursday. The event will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the DF Dance Studio Ballroom, 2978 S. State.
Mayoral candidates are incumbent Cherie Wood and challenger Derek Pehrson. Candidates for City Council District 3 are Sharla Beverly and Bill Gene Hauser. City Council District 2 hopefuls are incumbent Boyd Marshall and challenger Kevin Rapp. Running for City Council at-large bids are Steve Norr and Debbie Snow.
Doors open at 6 p.m. Attendees can write questions on index cards, and the questions will be asked by a moderator during the forum. Each candidate will make a two-minute opening statement, will be given two minutes to respond to each question, and will make a two-minute closing statement.
Juli Miller, community relations director for the Granite Education Foundation, will moderate the event.
The candidate forum is sponsored by the South Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce’s Women in Business group. For more information, email email@example.com or call 801-466-3377.
The general election will take place Nov. 5. For more information on polling locations, early voting, registering to vote and other election information, visit the county clerk's website, clerk.slco.org.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 69
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 47
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13