BYU golf: Parkinson named WCC Men's Golf Player of the Month
PROVO – Joe Parkinson was named West Coast Conference Men’s Golfer of the Month for September, the league announced Tuesday.
Parkinson finished the month of September tied for second in the Husky Invitational and tied for fourth at William H. Tucker Intercollegiate. He finished both tournaments as the top player in the West Coast Conference.
Parkinson’s second-round score of 67 was tied for the best score at the Husky Invitational and also completed the final round with an eagle. The greatest threat in the conference was three strokes behind him. At Tucker Intercollegiate, Parkinson shot a 69 in the final round, which was tied for the second-best score of the third round.
Overall for the month, Parkinson recorded a 71.33 scoring average, including four of six rounds under-par.
Parkinson and the BYU men’s golf team will compete in the MacKenzie Invitational on Oct. 14-15 in Sonoma, Calif. Live stats can be followed on Golfstat's website.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27