BYU football: Cougars add Stanford, Hawaii and Savannah State to future schedules
, Kylea Knecht, Kylea Knecht/BYU
PROVO — BYU added a few intriguing names to future football schedules Tuesday.
The Cougars announced that they will play Stanford, Hawaii and Savannah State in upcoming seasons.
BYU's four-game series with the Cardinal starts in 2020 and ends in 2025. The two teams will play Thanksgiving weekend at Stanford Stadium on Nov. 28, 2020, and Nov. 26, 2022. Stanford visits Provo on Sept. 2, 2023, and Sept. 13, 2025.
The Cardinal are 2-0 all-time against the Cougars, with wins in 2003 and 2004.
BYU will play at Hawaii on Nov. 25, 2017, and in Provo on Nov. 17, 2018. A scheduled series between BYU and Hawaii was canceled last year due to concerns about the Mountain West Conference football championship game being played in December, when those games were scheduled.
Savannah State, an FCS school, travels to Provo on Nov. 22, 2014. The Tigers, located in Savannah, Ga., belong to the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: Receiver Nick Kurtz poised for...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- Dick Harmon: How much swagger BYU finds after...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 85
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 63
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 25