BYU football: Cougars add Stanford, Hawaii and Savannah State to future schedules
, Kylea Knecht, Kylea Knecht/BYU
PROVO — BYU added a few intriguing names to future football schedules Tuesday.
The Cougars announced that they will play Stanford, Hawaii and Savannah State in upcoming seasons.
BYU's four-game series with the Cardinal starts in 2020 and ends in 2025. The two teams will play Thanksgiving weekend at Stanford Stadium on Nov. 28, 2020, and Nov. 26, 2022. Stanford visits Provo on Sept. 2, 2023, and Sept. 13, 2025.
The Cardinal are 2-0 all-time against the Cougars, with wins in 2003 and 2004.
BYU will play at Hawaii on Nov. 25, 2017, and in Provo on Nov. 17, 2018. A scheduled series between BYU and Hawaii was canceled last year due to concerns about the Mountain West Conference football championship game being played in December, when those games were scheduled.
Savannah State, an FCS school, travels to Provo on Nov. 22, 2014. The Tigers, located in Savannah, Ga., belong to the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest rivalry...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 48
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39