BYU football: Cougars add Stanford, Hawaii and Savannah State to future schedules
, Kylea Knecht, Kylea Knecht/BYU
PROVO — BYU added a few intriguing names to future football schedules Tuesday.
The Cougars announced that they will play Stanford, Hawaii and Savannah State in upcoming seasons.
BYU's four-game series with the Cardinal starts in 2020 and ends in 2025. The two teams will play Thanksgiving weekend at Stanford Stadium on Nov. 28, 2020, and Nov. 26, 2022. Stanford visits Provo on Sept. 2, 2023, and Sept. 13, 2025.
The Cardinal are 2-0 all-time against the Cougars, with wins in 2003 and 2004.
BYU will play at Hawaii on Nov. 25, 2017, and in Provo on Nov. 17, 2018. A scheduled series between BYU and Hawaii was canceled last year due to concerns about the Mountain West Conference football championship game being played in December, when those games were scheduled.
Savannah State, an FCS school, travels to Provo on Nov. 22, 2014. The Tigers, located in Savannah, Ga., belong to the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Believe it or not: QB Travis Wilson is set to...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 66
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 27
- Utes get it done at home again 21