BYU football: Cougars add Stanford, Hawaii and Savannah State to future schedules
, Kylea Knecht, Kylea Knecht/BYU
PROVO — BYU added a few intriguing names to future football schedules Tuesday.
The Cougars announced that they will play Stanford, Hawaii and Savannah State in upcoming seasons.
BYU's four-game series with the Cardinal starts in 2020 and ends in 2025. The two teams will play Thanksgiving weekend at Stanford Stadium on Nov. 28, 2020, and Nov. 26, 2022. Stanford visits Provo on Sept. 2, 2023, and Sept. 13, 2025.
The Cardinal are 2-0 all-time against the Cougars, with wins in 2003 and 2004.
BYU will play at Hawaii on Nov. 25, 2017, and in Provo on Nov. 17, 2018. A scheduled series between BYU and Hawaii was canceled last year due to concerns about the Mountain West Conference football championship game being played in December, when those games were scheduled.
Savannah State, an FCS school, travels to Provo on Nov. 22, 2014. The Tigers, located in Savannah, Ga., belong to the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7