BYU football: Cougars add Stanford, Hawaii and Savannah State to future schedules
, Kylea Knecht, Kylea Knecht/BYU
PROVO — BYU added a few intriguing names to future football schedules Tuesday.
The Cougars announced that they will play Stanford, Hawaii and Savannah State in upcoming seasons.
BYU's four-game series with the Cardinal starts in 2020 and ends in 2025. The two teams will play Thanksgiving weekend at Stanford Stadium on Nov. 28, 2020, and Nov. 26, 2022. Stanford visits Provo on Sept. 2, 2023, and Sept. 13, 2025.
The Cardinal are 2-0 all-time against the Cougars, with wins in 2003 and 2004.
BYU will play at Hawaii on Nov. 25, 2017, and in Provo on Nov. 17, 2018. A scheduled series between BYU and Hawaii was canceled last year due to concerns about the Mountain West Conference football championship game being played in December, when those games were scheduled.
Savannah State, an FCS school, travels to Provo on Nov. 22, 2014. The Tigers, located in Savannah, Ga., belong to the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah Jazz: Latest acquisition Booker aims to...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 91
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 40
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 25