Amy Sancetta, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — While prices at the gasoline pump steadily declined nationwide over the past month, states west of the Rockies have reported the smallest decreases.
The current average price for a gallon of regular gasoline in Utah was $3.51 — 12 cents lower than last month and 25 cents less than a year ago, according to the latest report from AAA. Thirteen states have prices higher than Utah, the report states.
In the Beehive State, the cities tracked by AAA reported lower prices than last month, with Provo motorists enjoying the largest decrease — down 16 cents, to the lowest average price of $3.41 per gallon. Moab reported the highest price at $3.69 a gallon.
The national average price per gallon was $3.35 — a 21-cent decrease since last month’s report and 47 cents lower than a year ago. The largest price drops occurred in the Midwest and central states. The only state reporting an average price over $4 was Hawaii, while California had the highest average price in the contiguous states at $3.85 per gallon. The Southern states enjoy the lowest prices in the country with South Carolina reporting the lowest average price at $3.08 per gallon.
“Plentiful supplies, flat demand, and cheaper winter-blend gasoline continue to bring prices down,” said AAA Utah spokeswoman Rolayne Fairclough. “Except for unexpected disruptions to supply and distributions or a hurricane, AAA expects gasoline prices to continue moving downward through the end of the year.”
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 23
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 16
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16