Medical teams found man dead, small fire in South Salt Lake basement
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Crews responding to a medical call found a man who had died and a small fire Monday night.
A woman called to report that her boyfriend needed medical assistance, South Salt Lake Fire Deputy Chief Kevin Bowman said. When medical crews entered the home about 7 p.m., they found smoke and a small fire in a basement bedroom.
The man was also found in the basement of the home, 362 E. Utopia Ave. The incident is being investigated by both police and fire officials, Bowman said. The death does not appear to be suspicious.
No other injuries were reported.
The fire was contained to the bedroom, Bowman said. Damage from smoke and water is estimated at $5,000.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 37
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 32
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 12
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8