Medical teams found man dead, small fire in South Salt Lake basement
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Crews responding to a medical call found a man who had died and a small fire Monday night.
A woman called to report that her boyfriend needed medical assistance, South Salt Lake Fire Deputy Chief Kevin Bowman said. When medical crews entered the home about 7 p.m., they found smoke and a small fire in a basement bedroom.
The man was also found in the basement of the home, 362 E. Utopia Ave. The incident is being investigated by both police and fire officials, Bowman said. The death does not appear to be suspicious.
No other injuries were reported.
The fire was contained to the bedroom, Bowman said. Damage from smoke and water is estimated at $5,000.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26