Medical teams found man dead, small fire in South Salt Lake basement
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Crews responding to a medical call found a man who had died and a small fire Monday night.
A woman called to report that her boyfriend needed medical assistance, South Salt Lake Fire Deputy Chief Kevin Bowman said. When medical crews entered the home about 7 p.m., they found smoke and a small fire in a basement bedroom.
The man was also found in the basement of the home, 362 E. Utopia Ave. The incident is being investigated by both police and fire officials, Bowman said. The death does not appear to be suspicious.
No other injuries were reported.
The fire was contained to the bedroom, Bowman said. Damage from smoke and water is estimated at $5,000.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- The truth about addiction
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19