Medical teams found man dead, small fire in South Salt Lake basement
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Crews responding to a medical call found a man who had died and a small fire Monday night.
A woman called to report that her boyfriend needed medical assistance, South Salt Lake Fire Deputy Chief Kevin Bowman said. When medical crews entered the home about 7 p.m., they found smoke and a small fire in a basement bedroom.
The man was also found in the basement of the home, 362 E. Utopia Ave. The incident is being investigated by both police and fire officials, Bowman said. The death does not appear to be suspicious.
No other injuries were reported.
The fire was contained to the bedroom, Bowman said. Damage from smoke and water is estimated at $5,000.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9