DEER VALLEY — Former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney once again can call this exclusive ski resort community home.
According to Summit County records, Deer Valley SR, a company that lists Romney's wife, Ann, as manager, purchased an expansive two-story, ranch-style home built in 1990 in the pricey Evergreen subdivision in early September.
The purchase price for the six-bedroom, eight-bath "Utah rustic" house featured in Architectural Digest was not disclosed, but a real estate firm listed it for $8.9 million.
Romney, who also has homes in La Jolla, Calif., and Wolfeboro, N.H., lived in a similar house in Deer Valley while heading the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City but sold it in 2009.
Earlier this year, Romney began building a home in the upscale Walker Lane area of Holladay on a lot he shares with one of his two sons who live in Utah, Josh, while renting a home nearby.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12