DEER VALLEY — Former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney once again can call this exclusive ski resort community home.
According to Summit County records, Deer Valley SR, a company that lists Romney's wife, Ann, as manager, purchased an expansive two-story, ranch-style home built in 1990 in the pricey Evergreen subdivision in early September.
The purchase price for the six-bedroom, eight-bath "Utah rustic" house featured in Architectural Digest was not disclosed, but a real estate firm listed it for $8.9 million.
Romney, who also has homes in La Jolla, Calif., and Wolfeboro, N.H., lived in a similar house in Deer Valley while heading the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City but sold it in 2009.
Earlier this year, Romney began building a home in the upscale Walker Lane area of Holladay on a lot he shares with one of his two sons who live in Utah, Josh, while renting a home nearby.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9