DEER VALLEY — Former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney once again can call this exclusive ski resort community home.
According to Summit County records, Deer Valley SR, a company that lists Romney's wife, Ann, as manager, purchased an expansive two-story, ranch-style home built in 1990 in the pricey Evergreen subdivision in early September.
The purchase price for the six-bedroom, eight-bath "Utah rustic" house featured in Architectural Digest was not disclosed, but a real estate firm listed it for $8.9 million.
Romney, who also has homes in La Jolla, Calif., and Wolfeboro, N.H., lived in a similar house in Deer Valley while heading the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City but sold it in 2009.
Earlier this year, Romney began building a home in the upscale Walker Lane area of Holladay on a lot he shares with one of his two sons who live in Utah, Josh, while renting a home nearby.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26