SANDY — Indian Middle School Principal Floyd Stensrud has been named the 2013 Administrator of the Year by the Utah Association of Career and Technical Education.
"Dr. Stensrud leads by example," his nominator wrote. "He shows confidence in his counseling staff by allowing them to break the mold and facilitate some 'out of the box' activities."
Stensrud has helped Indian Hills counselors succeed in helping students become college- and career-ready, according to a press release from Canyons School District
"Dr. Stensrud is always willing to help," said Lori Jones, district comprehensive counseling and guidance coordinator. "His faculty loves him."
Stensrud joins other award-winning principals from Canyons, including 2013 Utah Middle School Principal of the Year Mary Anderson of Union Middle School; 2013 Utah Association of Elementary School Principals' Utah Community Leader of the Year Sally Sansom of East Midvale Elementary; and 2013 Utah PTA Outstanding School Administrator and Golden Apple Award winner McKay Robinson of Lone Peak Elementary.
"Great principals, as all of you know, work tirelessly as instructional leaders," U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan said. "It's so critical principals maintain a laser-like focus on student achievement and leading an instructional program that will help every student build his or her academic potential."
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12