SANDY — Indian Middle School Principal Floyd Stensrud has been named the 2013 Administrator of the Year by the Utah Association of Career and Technical Education.
"Dr. Stensrud leads by example," his nominator wrote. "He shows confidence in his counseling staff by allowing them to break the mold and facilitate some 'out of the box' activities."
Stensrud has helped Indian Hills counselors succeed in helping students become college- and career-ready, according to a press release from Canyons School District
"Dr. Stensrud is always willing to help," said Lori Jones, district comprehensive counseling and guidance coordinator. "His faculty loves him."
Stensrud joins other award-winning principals from Canyons, including 2013 Utah Middle School Principal of the Year Mary Anderson of Union Middle School; 2013 Utah Association of Elementary School Principals' Utah Community Leader of the Year Sally Sansom of East Midvale Elementary; and 2013 Utah PTA Outstanding School Administrator and Golden Apple Award winner McKay Robinson of Lone Peak Elementary.
"Great principals, as all of you know, work tirelessly as instructional leaders," U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan said. "It's so critical principals maintain a laser-like focus on student achievement and leading an instructional program that will help every student build his or her academic potential."
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14