SANDY — Indian Middle School Principal Floyd Stensrud has been named the 2013 Administrator of the Year by the Utah Association of Career and Technical Education.
"Dr. Stensrud leads by example," his nominator wrote. "He shows confidence in his counseling staff by allowing them to break the mold and facilitate some 'out of the box' activities."
Stensrud has helped Indian Hills counselors succeed in helping students become college- and career-ready, according to a press release from Canyons School District
"Dr. Stensrud is always willing to help," said Lori Jones, district comprehensive counseling and guidance coordinator. "His faculty loves him."
Stensrud joins other award-winning principals from Canyons, including 2013 Utah Middle School Principal of the Year Mary Anderson of Union Middle School; 2013 Utah Association of Elementary School Principals' Utah Community Leader of the Year Sally Sansom of East Midvale Elementary; and 2013 Utah PTA Outstanding School Administrator and Golden Apple Award winner McKay Robinson of Lone Peak Elementary.
"Great principals, as all of you know, work tirelessly as instructional leaders," U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan said. "It's so critical principals maintain a laser-like focus on student achievement and leading an instructional program that will help every student build his or her academic potential."
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7