Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — A slab of stone that represents sacrifices made by Americans paid visit to Utah County Monday morning.
The "UT6 and All" Stone, an artifact from the World Trade Center, is touring the state as part of the Utah Fallen Warriors Memorial tour before it is permanently installed at Fort Douglas Military Museum. The artifact was part of a slurry wall that kept ground zero from being flooded by the Hudson River.
Monday's stops included parking lots at Home Depot stores in Provo and Sandy. The artifact has a few more stops before it returns to Fort Douglas for the Oct. 21 dedication.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 14
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11