Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — A slab of stone that represents sacrifices made by Americans paid visit to Utah County Monday morning.
The "UT6 and All" Stone, an artifact from the World Trade Center, is touring the state as part of the Utah Fallen Warriors Memorial tour before it is permanently installed at Fort Douglas Military Museum. The artifact was part of a slurry wall that kept ground zero from being flooded by the Hudson River.
Monday's stops included parking lots at Home Depot stores in Provo and Sandy. The artifact has a few more stops before it returns to Fort Douglas for the Oct. 21 dedication.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Police say unlicensed massage therapist...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15