OREM — Three men were arrested in connection with a drive-by shooting over the weekend.
No one was injured in the Saturday night shooting, but at least one bullet missed a potential victim's head by inches, according to a police affidavit filed in 4th District Court.
Jorge Estrada-Aquado, 25, of Springville, Franklin Rincan-Rodriquez, 36, of Provo, and Elias Ramirez, 25, of Provo, were all arrested for investigation of attempted murder and discharge of a firearm from a vehicle. In addition, Estrada-Aquado and Rincan-Rodriquez were also arrested for investigation of possession of a firearm by a restricted person. Police believed all three may be in the country illegally.
Just after 10:30 p.m. Saturday, police say shots were fired from a white Dodge Durango at a house at 140 N. 400 East where a man was sitting in a vehicle in the driveway.
"Two rounds were shot into his vehicle, one missing his head by inches," the affidavit states. Three other rounds went into the house.
The homeowner called police. Investigators located the vehicle and made three arrests a short time later.
Earlier in the evening, the homeowner said the same vehicle had driven by his house slowly while he was out front talking with friends. Later, he saw the vehicle return.
"He reported seeing a vehicle coming down the road with no lights on. He heard a shot and hid on the floor of his truck," the affidavit states.
No motive was given for the attack. But when police interviewed one of the three suspects, he indicated that Estrada-Aquado was "having problems with another male," according to the affidavit.
Detectives searching another residence found a handgun and an assault rifle they believe were used in the attack.
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Canceled Utah race renews fears of shrinking...
- Is report on building prison in Draper...
- About Utah: Thousands served by one good idea
- Doug Robinson: Gifts of life bring joy to 2...
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 84
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 52
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 49
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 49
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 31
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 22
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 15
- Mural on side of restaurant violates... 12