BYU-Hawaii soccer: American Fork's Chris Pineda named PacWest Soccer Defender of the Week
PHOENIX – BYU-Hawaii junior goalkeeper Chris Pineda from American Fork, Utah, has been selected the Pacific West Conference Men's Soccer Defender of the Week.
Pineda, a graduate of American Fork High School, posted a 1-0-1 record during a mainland road trip last week. He produced a 0.45 goals against average and a .909 save percentage, while he stopped 10 of 11 shots on goal during 200 minutes of action.
Pineda stopped all seven shots on goal he faced during a 0-0 double-overtime tie at Point Loma on Oct. 1 in San Diego. Two days later in St. George, Utah, he recorded three saves and earned a 2-1 victory vs. Dixie State.
The Defender of the Week honor is awarded each week to a back or goalkeeper for his outstanding defensive play.
Kenny is a BYU graduate, currently working as the sports information director at BYU-Hawaii. Contact him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @KennyCoxKC
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- BYU defense working hard to catch up to the...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 17
- BYU football: Jaren Hall, the son of... 15
- BYU, Nevada both struggling in pass... 13