“While we know a lot about the priesthood, seeing through the lens of mortality does not always give a complete understanding of the workings of God,” Elder Andersen said. “But his gentle reminder, ‘My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ reassures us that with time and eternal perspective we will see things ‘as they really are,’ and more completely understand his perfect love.”
The Sunday afternoon session of conference also included sermons by:
- Brother David M. McConkie of the Sunday School general presidency, who talked about how to teach with the power and authority of God: “As you feast upon the words of Christ and strive to live the gospel with greater purpose than ever before, the Holy Ghost will manifest unto you that the things you are teaching are true”
- Elder Kevin S. Hamilton of the Seventy, who spoke about the importance of “continually holding fast to the iron rod”: “As we ‘continually hold fast to the iron rod’ by keeping our covenants, we will be strengthened to resist the temptations and perils of the world”
- Elder Adrian Q. Ochoa of the Seventy, who spoke about the importance of building and maintaining a strong testimony: “There are signs of storms forming all around us. Let us look up and prepare ourselves. There is safety in a strong testimony. Let us cherish and strengthen our testimonies every day”
- Elder Terence M. Vinson of the Seventy, who urged his listeners to draw closer to God: “Our Savior wants us to really love him to the point that we want to align our will with his. We can then feel his love and know his glory. Then he can bless us as he wants to.”
- Mormon mom battling breast cancer during...
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem
- Online system will allow Mormons to pay...
- Online system will allow Mormons to pay... 72
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- God will give you more than you can... 51
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem 30
- Mormon man's half-court shot is a... 25
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile 14
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9
- BYU Cougarettes, National Hip-Hop... 8