“While we know a lot about the priesthood, seeing through the lens of mortality does not always give a complete understanding of the workings of God,” Elder Andersen said. “But his gentle reminder, ‘My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ reassures us that with time and eternal perspective we will see things ‘as they really are,’ and more completely understand his perfect love.”
The Sunday afternoon session of conference also included sermons by:
- Brother David M. McConkie of the Sunday School general presidency, who talked about how to teach with the power and authority of God: “As you feast upon the words of Christ and strive to live the gospel with greater purpose than ever before, the Holy Ghost will manifest unto you that the things you are teaching are true”
- Elder Kevin S. Hamilton of the Seventy, who spoke about the importance of “continually holding fast to the iron rod”: “As we ‘continually hold fast to the iron rod’ by keeping our covenants, we will be strengthened to resist the temptations and perils of the world”
- Elder Adrian Q. Ochoa of the Seventy, who spoke about the importance of building and maintaining a strong testimony: “There are signs of storms forming all around us. Let us look up and prepare ourselves. There is safety in a strong testimony. Let us cherish and strengthen our testimonies every day”
- Elder Terence M. Vinson of the Seventy, who urged his listeners to draw closer to God: “Our Savior wants us to really love him to the point that we want to align our will with his. We can then feel his love and know his glory. Then he can bless us as he wants to.”
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 173
- Why I don’t call myself a... 95
- General Women's Session focuses on... 30
- State bills to protect religious... 23
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 15
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 13
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 10