First 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' airs on KSL-TV earlier today
Earlier today, KSL-TV aired the first edition of a new program, the "Deseret News Sunday Edition," which will run weekly on KSL-TV at 9 a.m. on Sundays. The show highlights Deseret News content centered around six areas of editorial emphasis: family, faith in the community, excellence in education, values in media and culture, causes related to helping the poor and financial responsibility.
Each week, the program will go in-depth on these topics and bring you insights from voices from around the country.
Today’s program, which is included in its entirety in the video to the left, focuses on faith, family and financial responsibility.
In the faith segment, Dave McCann discussed the threats to religious liberty with Kristina Arriaga, executive director of The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, and Paul Edwards, editor of the Deseret News.
Segment two centers on family issues and discusses the care the entire family needs when a family member is battling a chronic illness. In addition to talking to the Fish family, who has two girls born with a nearly non-existent immune system, McCann visits with Victoria White, a child life specialist at Primary Children’s Hospital, about the challenges families face when dealing with chronic illness and how to help all of the children.
In today’s third segment, McCann and Deseret News financial writer Michael De Groote discuss senior silence and why talking about money with your aging parents might be hard, but also why it’s worth it.
Join McCann each Sunday at 9 a.m. on KSL-TV as he covers issues that matter to your family in the "Deseret News Sunday Edition."
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Man killed in officer-involved shooting in...
- Family frustrated with lack of charges in...
- Provo transit project set to begin, despite...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- GOP primary in governor's race now focused on...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21
- Utah council wants governor, A.G. probe... 18
- FEC complaint filed against Chaffetz by... 16