Real Salt Lake report card: Overall hustle, effort earns RSL 1-1 draw at home
A draw at home is almost never a proud result for Jason Kreis and Co., however Saturday night's 1-1 tie against FC Dallas put a smile on his face given the circumstances.
RSL played 75 minutes down a man after defender Abdoulie Mansally was shown a straight red card for a hard challenge on Dallas midfielder Jackson. This was the sixth red card that penalized RSL this season. The team's record from those games is now 1-3-2.
So given those circumstances, RSL's effort pleased Kreis just this one time at home.
"I told them at halftime, you guys do everything you can to work extremely hard," Kreis said. "You get one point, that's fantastic, you get anything more than that that's cake, that's icing on the cake."
RSL had a good chance to hold on for the win after Alvaro Saborio put his team up 1-0 in the 60th minute, but 12 minutes later Kenny Cooper, who came into the game at halftime for Dallas, equalized the match.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28