Real Salt Lake report card: Overall hustle, effort earns RSL 1-1 draw at home
A draw at home is almost never a proud result for Jason Kreis and Co., however Saturday night's 1-1 tie against FC Dallas put a smile on his face given the circumstances.
RSL played 75 minutes down a man after defender Abdoulie Mansally was shown a straight red card for a hard challenge on Dallas midfielder Jackson. This was the sixth red card that penalized RSL this season. The team's record from those games is now 1-3-2.
So given those circumstances, RSL's effort pleased Kreis just this one time at home.
"I told them at halftime, you guys do everything you can to work extremely hard," Kreis said. "You get one point, that's fantastic, you get anything more than that that's cake, that's icing on the cake."
RSL had a good chance to hold on for the win after Alvaro Saborio put his team up 1-0 in the 60th minute, but 12 minutes later Kenny Cooper, who came into the game at halftime for Dallas, equalized the match.
Whitney O'Bannon is a new media sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow on Twitter at @whitney_oban.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26