“We all need to work together to build spiritual unity within out wards and branches,” Bishop Caussé said. “Unity is not achieved by ignoring and isolating members who seem to be different or weaker and only associating with people who are like us. On the contrary, unity is gained by welcoming and serving those who are new or who have particular needs. These members are a blessing for the church and provide us with opportunities to serve our neighbors and thus purify our own hearts.”
Remember, he told priesthood holders, “no one is a stranger to our Heavenly Father. There is no one whose soul is not precious to him.”
Elder Randy D. Funk of the Seventy spoke of missionary work, proclaiming: “What a wonderful season it is to be a missionary — a time when the Lord is hastening his work!”
In order to participate in this exciting time of missionary service, Elder Funk urged young men to prepare spiritually by living a virtuous life, and to sincerely repent when mistakes are made.
“As you live a virtuous life, you will feel a peaceful confidence in your standing before God and you will have the power of the Spirit to be with you,” he said.
The process of acquiring such spirituality, Elder Funk said, “begins with a broken heart.”
“Think of the good that comes from broken things,” he said. “Soil is broken to plant wheat. Wheat is broken to make bread. Bread is broken to become the emblems of the sacrament. When one who is repent partakes of the sacrament with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, he or she becomes whole.
“As we repent and become whole through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we have much more to offer the Savior as we serve him.”
Music for the priesthood session was provided by a special Young Men’s choir from the Murray Utah Area. Prayers were offered by Elder Paul E. Koelliker, who was granted emeritus general authority status earlier in the day, and Elder Walter F. González of the Seventy.
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 25
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 22
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 17