"To achieve divine destiny, each son and daughter of God needs priesthood ordinances and covenants," Sister Carole M. Stephens, first counselor in the Relief Society general presidency said.
She explained how several important ordinances and covenants are necessary to obtain a divine future. They include baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, temple endowments, sealing ordinance and partaking of the sacrament.
"These priesthood ordinances and covenants provide access to the fullness of the blessings promised to us by God, which are made possible by the Savior's Atonement," she said.
Sister Stephens recounted a recent trip to Honduras where she visited the homes of four women. Each sister and their families "were in need of priesthood keys and authority, priesthood ordinances and covenants and priesthood power and blessings," she said.
These sisters varied in different circumstances -- from a husband who was not a member to a husband who had passed away and sisters who have never married. Priesthood leaders who accompanied Sister Stephens and gave priesthood blessings to each sister when she asked.
"Each wept as she expressed gratitude for the comfort, direction, encouragement and inspiration that came from her Heavenly Father through a worthy priesthood holder," she said.
Sister Stephens explained the importance of men and women here on the earth.
"There exists today a great need for men and women to cultivate respect for each other as sons and daughters of God and reverence for our Father in Heaven and His priesthood -- His power and authority."
"We all need each other," she said. "Sons of God need daughters of God, and daughters of God need sons of God."
Sister Stephens asked if members knew who they are and what role they play in the gospel.
"Sons of God, do you know who you are? Are you worthy to exercise the priesthood and receive the power and blessings of the priesthood?"
"Daughters of God, do we know who we are? Are we worthy to receive the power and blessings of the priesthood?"
She concluded, "We are beloved spirit sons and daughters of heavenly parents, with a divine nature and destiny. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, loved us enough to give His life for us. His Atonement provides the way for us to progress on the path to our heavenly home, through sacred priesthood ordinances and covenants."
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer treatment,...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- 27 more tips for couples: Marriage advice,...
- 6 ways youths, leaders can reboot the church...
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting religious...
- Streaming video: Long-awaited Star Valley...
- Ground broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting... 100
- Defending the Faith: Warfare and the... 62
- Spiritual journey leads 3-term U.S.... 51
- Physicist tells New York Times he keeps... 37
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't... 25
- 5 professional athletes who stand up... 22
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Sweeping size of Payson Temple reflects... 17