Matt Wells: Keeton's knee gives us a chance to show football is 'the greatest team sport ever invented'
LOGAN — Chuckie Keeton's injury means a great deal to Utah State football.
The dynamic playmaker who chose to make Logan his home following USU's win over BYU in 2010 went down injured in the first half of Friday's football game. Keeton was taken to a hospital for an MRI, but no official news on his status was released.
According to USU players and coaches, while the injury certainly affects the team, it gives the Aggies an opportunity to show why football is, as head coach Matt Wells calls it, "the greatest team sport ever invented."
This video is a compilation of quotes and statements of USU players and coaches following the game on USU's position in the college football landscape following Keeton's injury.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26