LDS general conference notes
- KSL meteorologist Grant Weyman predicts sunny days both Saturday and Sunday, with cold mornings both days and temperatures as high as 63 on Saturday and 70 on Sunday. No precipitation is expected — “conference weather” notwithstanding.
- Tickets are required to enter the Conference Center, where attendees will need to pass through a security check. Cameras, recording devices, weapons, food, backpacks, packages and large bags will not be allowed. A stand-by line for those without tickets will begin at the north gate of Temple Square.
- Overflow seating will be available in the Tabernacle, the North Visitors’ Center on Temple Square and the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for all sessions. Overflow seating will also be available in the Conference Center Theater for priesthood and Sunday sessions only. Overflow seating for Spanish speakers will be provided in the Assembly Hall for all five sessions. Tickets are not required for admission to overflow facilities.
- Parking options in downtown Salt Lake City are limited. Conference attendees are invited to carpool or use public transportation to relieve downtown traffic congestion. Those driving are strongly encouraged to allow extra time for travel, locating a parking spot and being seated in the Conference Center. Public parking is not available at the Conference Center parking lot. Conference attendees should avoid parking in front of homes in downtown residential areas. Cars parked on neighborhood streets may be ticketed or towed at the owner’s expense. Disability parking is located at the northwest corner of West Temple and North Temple but is limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Information regarding audio and video streams via the Internet can be found at conference.lds.org. A detailed broadcast schedule of general conference can be found at www.bonneville.info. For additional information on availability in your area and rebroadcasts, visit www.byutv.org.
What You May Have Missed
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Faith, friends and football: Stanford...
- Does Colorado baker's anti-gay marriage cake...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among...
- Does Colorado baker's anti-gay marriage... 32
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 26
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 21
- Defending the Faith: A tribute to... 15
- LDS mission president's wife dies 15
- Why the world needs rich Christians 13
- Religious response to postponed... 11
- Faith, friends and football: Stanford... 9