I read with amusement the various love letters for Obamacare, blissfully, naively extolling the virtues of their spouse to be. In stark contrast to these stands the rejection and divorce of this spouse by its first lover — Congress itself.
The simplest, most telling litmus test of how wonderful Obamacare is for the country is Congress' own lobbying for exemption from it. Why should we trust any grand idea the authors of which are determined to excuse themselves from?
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9