Baby critical, 2 in serious condition after SUV ends up in creek
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
MILLCREEK — A baby was in critical condition and two other people were in serious condition Friday evening after police say a white SUV caused multiple crashes and ended up in Big Cottonwood Creek.
Police said the crash was caused by a medical condition.
At about 4:20 p.m., a 72-year-old man was driving south on State Street in a white Toyota RAV4 when he hit a red SUV near 4200 South "at a fairly high rate of speed," Unified police detective Ken Hansen said.
The red SUV spun, hitting a Chevy Impala traveling near the SUV, as well as a parked Nissan, Hansen said. The Toyota RAV4 continued traveling south.
A man, woman and 2-month-old child were in the red SUV. The child and man were both taken to local hospitals in serious condition, Hansen said. Later, police said the 2-month-old was in critical condition.
The white SUV continued on until it eventually went through a barrier and landed in Big Cottonwood Creek in about 2 feet of water, he said.
"Because of the circumstance of him being in the water, (crews) had to rescue him, extricate him from that vehicle," Hansen said.
The driver of white SUV was also taken to a local hospital in serious condition.
— Emilee Eagar
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Police chief of Myton charged with stalking 3...
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- Provo ranked 4th most educated city in...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- Love says commenting on Saratoga Springs...
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls officer...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 78
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 68
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 52
- Police break silence about... 49
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 24
- New definition of homeless would give... 20
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 19