Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
MILLCREEK — A baby was in critical condition and two other people were in serious condition Friday evening after police say a white SUV caused multiple crashes and ended up in Big Cottonwood Creek.
Police said the crash was caused by a medical condition.
At about 4:20 p.m., a 72-year-old man was driving south on State Street in a white Toyota RAV4 when he hit a red SUV near 4200 South "at a fairly high rate of speed," Unified police detective Ken Hansen said.
The red SUV spun, hitting a Chevy Impala traveling near the SUV, as well as a parked Nissan, Hansen said. The Toyota RAV4 continued traveling south.
A man, woman and 2-month-old child were in the red SUV. The child and man were both taken to local hospitals in serious condition, Hansen said. Later, police said the 2-month-old was in critical condition.
The white SUV continued on until it eventually went through a barrier and landed in Big Cottonwood Creek in about 2 feet of water, he said.
"Because of the circumstance of him being in the water, (crews) had to rescue him, extricate him from that vehicle," Hansen said.
The driver of white SUV was also taken to a local hospital in serious condition.
— Emilee Eagar
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 22