Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Old Man Winter made an early, albeit brief, appearance Friday at the doorstep of many Utah residents who awakened to snow.
While most valley locations only received a skiff of snow, the Bountiful bench picked up an inch of white powder, Coalville got 6 inches and Park City received 4 inches.
The early storm was a good reality check for Utah residents who may need to "winterize" cooling systems, recreational equipment and put away the lawn mower.
Earlier this week, the Utah Division of Water Resources urged northern Utah residents to shut down their automatic sprinkler systems for the year.
“The state’s reservoir systems worked perfectly this year, storing the below-average snowpack and releasing water to users throughout the dry, hot summer,” said Eric Klotz, the division's water conservation manager. “But because the reservoirs were not full at the start of the season, we are asking people to be a little more conscious of their water use this fall. "
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City, in fact, has issued a hard-freeze warning for a swath of central Utah in the Delta area and for Price in an area that extends past I-70.
Bluff, Blanding, Green River and Moab are all under a freeze warning for Friday night.
Temperatures should steadily climb in northern Utah over the weekend, with a high of 60 degrees forecast for Saturday and Sunday's high expected to reach 70.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21