Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Old Man Winter made an early, albeit brief, appearance Friday at the doorstep of many Utah residents who awakened to snow.
While most valley locations only received a skiff of snow, the Bountiful bench picked up an inch of white powder, Coalville got 6 inches and Park City received 4 inches.
The early storm was a good reality check for Utah residents who may need to "winterize" cooling systems, recreational equipment and put away the lawn mower.
Earlier this week, the Utah Division of Water Resources urged northern Utah residents to shut down their automatic sprinkler systems for the year.
“The state’s reservoir systems worked perfectly this year, storing the below-average snowpack and releasing water to users throughout the dry, hot summer,” said Eric Klotz, the division's water conservation manager. “But because the reservoirs were not full at the start of the season, we are asking people to be a little more conscious of their water use this fall. "
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City, in fact, has issued a hard-freeze warning for a swath of central Utah in the Delta area and for Price in an area that extends past I-70.
Bluff, Blanding, Green River and Moab are all under a freeze warning for Friday night.
Temperatures should steadily climb in northern Utah over the weekend, with a high of 60 degrees forecast for Saturday and Sunday's high expected to reach 70.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 37
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9