Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Old Man Winter made an early, albeit brief, appearance Friday at the doorstep of many Utah residents who awakened to snow.
While most valley locations only received a skiff of snow, the Bountiful bench picked up an inch of white powder, Coalville got 6 inches and Park City received 4 inches.
The early storm was a good reality check for Utah residents who may need to "winterize" cooling systems, recreational equipment and put away the lawn mower.
Earlier this week, the Utah Division of Water Resources urged northern Utah residents to shut down their automatic sprinkler systems for the year.
“The state’s reservoir systems worked perfectly this year, storing the below-average snowpack and releasing water to users throughout the dry, hot summer,” said Eric Klotz, the division's water conservation manager. “But because the reservoirs were not full at the start of the season, we are asking people to be a little more conscious of their water use this fall. "
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City, in fact, has issued a hard-freeze warning for a swath of central Utah in the Delta area and for Price in an area that extends past I-70.
Bluff, Blanding, Green River and Moab are all under a freeze warning for Friday night.
Temperatures should steadily climb in northern Utah over the weekend, with a high of 60 degrees forecast for Saturday and Sunday's high expected to reach 70.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 73
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17