Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Old Man Winter made an early, albeit brief, appearance Friday at the doorstep of many Utah residents who awakened to snow.
While most valley locations only received a skiff of snow, the Bountiful bench picked up an inch of white powder, Coalville got 6 inches and Park City received 4 inches.
The early storm was a good reality check for Utah residents who may need to "winterize" cooling systems, recreational equipment and put away the lawn mower.
Earlier this week, the Utah Division of Water Resources urged northern Utah residents to shut down their automatic sprinkler systems for the year.
“The state’s reservoir systems worked perfectly this year, storing the below-average snowpack and releasing water to users throughout the dry, hot summer,” said Eric Klotz, the division's water conservation manager. “But because the reservoirs were not full at the start of the season, we are asking people to be a little more conscious of their water use this fall. "
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City, in fact, has issued a hard-freeze warning for a swath of central Utah in the Delta area and for Price in an area that extends past I-70.
Bluff, Blanding, Green River and Moab are all under a freeze warning for Friday night.
Temperatures should steadily climb in northern Utah over the weekend, with a high of 60 degrees forecast for Saturday and Sunday's high expected to reach 70.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: amyjoi16
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 20
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 18
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 18
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9