Utahn reflects on 7 days on 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water'
“I liked to go to challenges just so that I could see Tyson,” Foulger said. “I was glad to be out there and in the Philippines with him.”
The biggest surprise of being on “Survivor”?
“Just the production crew is huge out there,” Foulger said. Viewers don’t see the camera crew, photographers, the medical team and others on the sidelines.
Two others out
Foulger wasn’t the only one who was out of the game at the Redemption Island Arena.
Colton Cumbie, 22, decided to withdraw from the game. He was previously medically evacuated from “Survivor: One World."
“Lots of people like to watch adventure. It doesn’t necessarily mean that they really should get up off the couch,” Probst said. “I’m now convinced that Colton is a guy who should have never got up off the couch.”
On Day 8, the Immunity/Reward Challenge included one-on-one duels with padded bags on a floating platform.
Apostol was pitted against 26-year-old Hayden Moss, and Apostol ended up with a shoulder injury. His shoulder was popped out a little bit and the tendon might have been torn.
“When Hayden hit me, I knew I had hurt myself,” Apostol said. “I really couldn’t move (my arm) at all.”
The Galang Tribe won five duels faster than the Tadhana Tribe members did, sending the Tadhana Tribe to Tribal Council for the third time in a row.
They blindsided 30-year-old John Cody, Candice’s husband, and sent him to Redemption Island. In part, it was because they questioned his loyalty to the tribe versus his loyalty to his wife.
Candice Cody, 30, had gotten an additional clue to the Immunity Idol from winning the Redemption Island duel and gave it to her husband, but he apparently hadn’t found it.
“Based on tonight’s blindside, it appears that you’re voting out people based on the future,” Probst said. “It also appears your tribe is getting weaker.”
In “Survivor,” there are physical and puzzle challenges that determine tribal immunity and, at times, rewards, and the losing team heads to Tribal Council, where it votes someone out. The tribes merge, generally about halfway through the 39-day contest, and then the challenges determine individual immunity. Usually after the tribes merge, the voted-out players comprise a jury that will determine which of the final three will be named “sole survivor” and win the $1 million.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking end of...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their...
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether Colbert...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 21
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows... 3
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s... 2
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza... 1
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether... 1
- Athletes using sports platforms to push... 0