I have some good friends I’ve been trying to reach and although they are nice to me every single time they see me they will not return my calls. The other day I slowed down and listened to their voice mail message. They had gone as far as to have a different lady, with a different name record their message for them to make it sound like I was dialing the wrong number! That’s how much they didn’t want to talk to me. Now how could I be misreading that?
If you think you can handle the truth, I’ll tell it to you. There’s stuff out there waiting to get all of us. It’s sad but true.
If I was allowed to rewrite Louis Armstrong’s strange song, “What A Wonderful World,” I have a concluding verse I would have added this week.
I see cars parked askew
And an indifferent wife
Was the pickup attacked?
Did they use knives? And I say to myself, What am I going do?
I say to myself,
What am I going to do?
Steve Eaton lives and works in Logan, Utah. He can be reached at Eatonnews@gmail.com
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Carrie Underwood stars in NBC's 'The Sound of...
- The Killers collaborates with Owen Wilson and...
- Sundance Film Festival to debut new section...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 12
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 11
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 5
- Alpine woman is a dessert contest,... 5
- Faith sustained author through... 5
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 5