FARMINGTON — The city will sponsor a Meet the Candidates Night for residents to meet hopefuls for mayor and City Council.
The event will be hosted by the American Legion, on Wednesday, Oct. 16, at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 160 S. Main. The first half hour will be a formal setting with moderators asking questions of the candidates.
An informal session from 7:30-8:30 p.m. will allow the public to meet and talk with the candidates individually. Submit questions for candidates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mayoral candidates are John Bowker and Jim Talbot. City Council four-year term hopefuls are John Bilton, Rick Dutson, Brigham Mellor and Jeff Steele — two will be elected. Running for a two-year City Council term are Kristen F. Harbertson and Doug R. Anderson.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12