SALT LAKE CITY — Utah’s official website, Utah.gov, was recognized Friday by the Center for Digital Government with the Best of the Web award for the sixth consecutive year.
Utah.gov has ranked in the top three best state websites since 2006.
“Utah’s online services have saved the state millions of dollars, and served Utahns in innovative and accessible ways,” said Gov. Gary Herbert. “When it comes to our use of technology, we just keep getting better and better.”
The Best of the Web Awards program showcases governments whose websites demonstrate innovation, usability and functionality for users. Utah.gov’s Smart Search and design allow Utahns to navigate various state services to get the help or support needed.
In the past 12 months, Utah.gov services provided more than 11 million online job referrals to Utahns, gave access to 16 new online education programs, and provided 114 gigabytes of open data (30,000 downloads) each week.
In 2011 alone, Utah.gov received an unprecedented 17 awards, making it the nation’s most honored state website. Utah.gov is managed and operated through a public-private partnership between the state and Utah Interactive, the Salt Lake City-based official eGovernment partner for the state of Utah. Utah Interactive is part of eGovernment firm NIC’s family of companies.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12