Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has announced that Canyons School District employees will receive bonuses.
Full-time employees will each receive a $1,000 one-time bonus. Part-time and hourly employees' bonuses will be based on the hours they are assigned to work, according to a statement from the board.
"The members of the Board of Education would like to financially reward our employees for their outstanding work, especially over the past year," the board's statement said. "In addition to the daily tasks that are required to operate our schools, Canyons employees successfully put into place a districtwide grade reconfiguration; implemented dozens of boundary changes; opened three new schools; finished additions at two high schools; put the finishing touches on a new standards-based elementary school report card; started using a new middle school schedule; and challenged teachers to start using a new standards-based curricula.
"We are able to provide this bonus because of our prudent fiscal policies, which is another sign that our employees are going above and beyond in their efforts to build a district of distinction," the statement said.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Republican, Democratic political... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12