Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has announced that Canyons School District employees will receive bonuses.
Full-time employees will each receive a $1,000 one-time bonus. Part-time and hourly employees' bonuses will be based on the hours they are assigned to work, according to a statement from the board.
"The members of the Board of Education would like to financially reward our employees for their outstanding work, especially over the past year," the board's statement said. "In addition to the daily tasks that are required to operate our schools, Canyons employees successfully put into place a districtwide grade reconfiguration; implemented dozens of boundary changes; opened three new schools; finished additions at two high schools; put the finishing touches on a new standards-based elementary school report card; started using a new middle school schedule; and challenged teachers to start using a new standards-based curricula.
"We are able to provide this bonus because of our prudent fiscal policies, which is another sign that our employees are going above and beyond in their efforts to build a district of distinction," the statement said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 24
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14