Mormon man dubbed 'husband of the year' shares story of coming out of anesthesia, viral video
Not only were Jason and Candice Mortensen contacted, but all those related to them began receiving calls.
"People were calling my parents and in-laws, people who are related to us with different last names, at their jobs," Jason Mortensen said. "I don't know how they got any of that information, but they hunted it down."
Since then, the couple has done interviews all over the world, taking time from their regular routine, but because they have been in such high demand, they haven't been able to respond to every request.
"It's hard because we're absolutely flattered that any of them would call," Jason Mortensen said. "We're grateful for the excitement and the interest. ... We just did the best we could — if we could have, we would have done all of them."
And although they have slowed down doing interviews, many other opportunities have been offered to the Mortensens.
"We're getting offers to do all sorts of things," Jason Mortensen said. "Halloween costumes, cologne, perfume, books. We just got asked to do a documentary, and we got asked to do a music video with a guy from 'The Voice.' So all sorts of things. ... Who knows how long this will last, but we've got to enjoy it."
While spending time with his wife flying first class and staying in five-star hotels has been fun, Jason Mortensen said one of the best parts of this experience has been their opportunity to connect with people from all over the world.
"For us, we've just been sharing the message of family," Jason Mortensen said. "We've been getting emails from people all over the world from people that are telling us their stories about how they found love or lost love and how this video has helped them. We're reaching people in ways we never thought possible, and we're grateful and flattered.
"We just try to share with people that we are a normal couple; we're just two normal people. We're Christians and we believe that family is the most important thing in the world, and our marriage is the most important thing in the world — it's something we focus on all the time."
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker performs tribute to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 3
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2