USU soccer: Friday’s Utah State match against Air Force postponed
LOGAN — Utah State soccer will have to wait to begin the home portion of its Mountain West Conference schedule, as its match against Air Force scheduled for Friday, Oct. 4, has been postponed due to the partial government shutdown.
Both institutions, as well as the Mountain West Conference office, are working on possible make up dates.
USU is currently 5-4-2 this season and 1-1 in MW action after defeating UNLV, 3-2, on Sept. 29. This was to be Utah State and Air Forces’s first meeting since 2005.
The Aggies will now concentrate on their game against the Cowgirls of Wyoming on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 1 p.m. The Cowgirls hold a 3-2-2 series advantage over the Aggies. Last season, the teams battled to a 1-1 double overtime tie in Logan. In 2009, the teams once again tied at 1-1 in double overtime in Logan, while the 2008 meeting saw the Aggies win, 2-1, in Laramie. In the seven meetings between the teams, they have tied twice and three have been decided by one goal.
Admission to all home USU soccer matches at Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field is free.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32