USU soccer: Friday’s Utah State match against Air Force postponed
LOGAN — Utah State soccer will have to wait to begin the home portion of its Mountain West Conference schedule, as its match against Air Force scheduled for Friday, Oct. 4, has been postponed due to the partial government shutdown.
Both institutions, as well as the Mountain West Conference office, are working on possible make up dates.
USU is currently 5-4-2 this season and 1-1 in MW action after defeating UNLV, 3-2, on Sept. 29. This was to be Utah State and Air Forces’s first meeting since 2005.
The Aggies will now concentrate on their game against the Cowgirls of Wyoming on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 1 p.m. The Cowgirls hold a 3-2-2 series advantage over the Aggies. Last season, the teams battled to a 1-1 double overtime tie in Logan. In 2009, the teams once again tied at 1-1 in double overtime in Logan, while the 2008 meeting saw the Aggies win, 2-1, in Laramie. In the seven meetings between the teams, they have tied twice and three have been decided by one goal.
Admission to all home USU soccer matches at Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field is free.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer Longson:...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25