USU soccer: Friday’s Utah State match against Air Force postponed
LOGAN — Utah State soccer will have to wait to begin the home portion of its Mountain West Conference schedule, as its match against Air Force scheduled for Friday, Oct. 4, has been postponed due to the partial government shutdown.
Both institutions, as well as the Mountain West Conference office, are working on possible make up dates.
USU is currently 5-4-2 this season and 1-1 in MW action after defeating UNLV, 3-2, on Sept. 29. This was to be Utah State and Air Forces’s first meeting since 2005.
The Aggies will now concentrate on their game against the Cowgirls of Wyoming on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 1 p.m. The Cowgirls hold a 3-2-2 series advantage over the Aggies. Last season, the teams battled to a 1-1 double overtime tie in Logan. In 2009, the teams once again tied at 1-1 in double overtime in Logan, while the 2008 meeting saw the Aggies win, 2-1, in Laramie. In the seven meetings between the teams, they have tied twice and three have been decided by one goal.
Admission to all home USU soccer matches at Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field is free.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- Morning links: Projecting the 2016 football...
- College football countdown No. 45: Harvey Unga
- BYU quarterback Taysom Hill explains why he's...
- Rock On: Aussie rules for everyone; RSL's...
- Big Sky Conference football: T-Birds,...
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: Projecting the 2016... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 62
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 58
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 45