USU soccer: Friday’s Utah State match against Air Force postponed
LOGAN — Utah State soccer will have to wait to begin the home portion of its Mountain West Conference schedule, as its match against Air Force scheduled for Friday, Oct. 4, has been postponed due to the partial government shutdown.
Both institutions, as well as the Mountain West Conference office, are working on possible make up dates.
USU is currently 5-4-2 this season and 1-1 in MW action after defeating UNLV, 3-2, on Sept. 29. This was to be Utah State and Air Forces’s first meeting since 2005.
The Aggies will now concentrate on their game against the Cowgirls of Wyoming on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 1 p.m. The Cowgirls hold a 3-2-2 series advantage over the Aggies. Last season, the teams battled to a 1-1 double overtime tie in Logan. In 2009, the teams once again tied at 1-1 in double overtime in Logan, while the 2008 meeting saw the Aggies win, 2-1, in Laramie. In the seven meetings between the teams, they have tied twice and three have been decided by one goal.
Admission to all home USU soccer matches at Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field is free.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45