LOGAN — Utah State University's business school is moving forward with the creation of the Jeffrey D. Clark Center for Entrepreneurship after receiving a $6 million endowment from Jeffrey and Bonnie Clark, school officials announced Wednesday.
The endowment will be used to fund the center's headquarters in the Logan campus' Huntsman Hall, which is scheduled to complete construction and open in 2015. Funds from the endowment will also support programs in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business that foster entrepreneurial success among USU students.
“This gift from Jeff and Bonnie and their active involvement with our entrepreneurship programs will move us ahead significantly,” Douglas D. Anderson, dean of the Jon M. Huntsman school of business, said in a prepared statement. “Now we can provide ever-more concrete, effective assistance to budding entrepreneurs who have great ideas they want to develop.”
Jeff Clark graduated from USU in 1982 and is now a member of the Huntsman School's National Advisory Board. He is the founder of J.D. Clark & Company and Praesideo Management.
His wife Bonnie Clark is currently a member of the Weber State University Board of Trustees. She has also served on the boards of the Weber School Foundation and the Boys and Girls Club of Weber Davis.
“We are thrilled to be working with the Clarks because of the reputation, credibility and integrity they bring to the Huntsman School,” Michael Glauser, executive director of the entrepreneurship center, said in a prepared statement. “We didn’t just want a name for the center, we wanted the right name on the center. Jeff is a perfect role model for our students.”
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7