Lavelle Hawkins was at the airport, ready to board a plane to work out for the Washington Redskins, when his phone rang.
The call, from the San Diego Chargers, was an answer to his prayers.
In a Chargers.com article by Ricky Henne, the shifty 5-foot-11 wide receiver talked about the circumstances that led him to sign with the Chargers earlier this week.
Hawkins spent five years with the Titans after they selected him as a fourth-round pick in 2008. Hawkins spent time with the New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers in the offseason, but didn’t make either team.
“To be honest, I prayed about this,” Hawkins told Henne. “I was in San Francisco and I got released and my coach is here, Fred Graves, and I was speaking with him over the team I was out. I was saying, ‘Coach, if there’s anything you can do, get me over there’ because I always wanted to play with (quarterback) Philip (Rivers) because it seems like he’s a fiery guy, so this is a dream come true.”
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Family experiences a memorial miracle
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- How cemeteries and smartphones play a role in...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 135
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 79
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Obama to Jews: Shared values compel... 3