Lavelle Hawkins was at the airport, ready to board a plane to work out for the Washington Redskins, when his phone rang.
The call, from the San Diego Chargers, was an answer to his prayers.
In a Chargers.com article by Ricky Henne, the shifty 5-foot-11 wide receiver talked about the circumstances that led him to sign with the Chargers earlier this week.
Hawkins spent five years with the Titans after they selected him as a fourth-round pick in 2008. Hawkins spent time with the New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers in the offseason, but didn’t make either team.
“To be honest, I prayed about this,” Hawkins told Henne. “I was in San Francisco and I got released and my coach is here, Fred Graves, and I was speaking with him over the team I was out. I was saying, ‘Coach, if there’s anything you can do, get me over there’ because I always wanted to play with (quarterback) Philip (Rivers) because it seems like he’s a fiery guy, so this is a dream come true.”
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- Chinese group provides home for new LDS converts
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5